Brazilian butt lift fat transfer?

I am planing to get a bbl in the summer of 2017. I was wondering if it is possible for my mom to donate some of her fat to me so I can transfer it to my butt? She wants some of her fat gone and I'm not sure if I'll have enough fat at that time.

BBL with your own fat. Are there any other options?

This is a question we get asked a lot. Unfortunately, at this time, fat transfer only involves transferring your own fat to another part of your own body. Years in the future (maybe not too many years), we may have available a fat product that does not need to be harvested from your body, but that is manufactured and purchased for the procedure. At least one major medical company is currently working on this. In the mean time, I encourage you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who regularly performs this procedure. Good luck!

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift fat transfer?

Thank you for your question. With Brazilian butt lift we transfer fat from one area of the body to the other.  These fat cells are transferred in microinjections throughout multiple planes in the buttock tissue so that they can gain new blood supply and live in their new home, providing increased volume and shape to the buttocks.  The fat must be your own, your body will reject any fat coming from another person. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately only one's own fat can be transferred to the buttocks in a Brazilian Butt Lift. Fat is often taken from an area near the buttocks such as the flanks or abdomen to accentuate the shape of the buttocks. I would recommend to have an in person consultation to discuss your goals and candidacy.

Leonard Lu, MD

Brazilian butt lift fat transfer?

Thank you for your question . Unfortunately you can not use anyone fat , your body will reject the fat. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. No, unfortunately you can not use someone else's fat.  Your body will reject it. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, it is not safe to use another person's fat for a transfer for the BBL procedure. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you have enough fat for your own transfer. If you do not, you might consider gluteal implants to give you the desired shape. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

BBL

Thank you for your question.It is not possible to inject another person’s fat into your body because it will just reject it. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fat transplant

Although theoretically, fat transplant can be performed, one would have to be on immunosuppression therapy, and the risks outweigh the benefits.  Obviously life saving procedures are different like kidney or liver transplants.

BBL

Great question Meluvya90. This is a very common question. Brazilian Butt Lift has the advantage of utilizing the patient’s own body (autologous) fat as the injected material. This body fat fuses with the fat cells already in existence in the buttock, allowing maintenance of the results through regular exercise and diet. So, the answer to your question of using your mothers fat, is no. Next step is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastics surgeon. 

BBL fat transfer

Thank you for your question. The fat harvested for your BBL needs to come from your own body. Fat from another person will most likely be rejected and not take. The fat can be harvested from any part of your body for instance arms, thighs, back, flanks, etc. Discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon about where he/she is planning to be harvesting the fat for your BBL from on your own body. If you have not yet met with a surgeon be sure to pick one that is board certified and performs BBLs at least 100 procedures per year. Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD