How to use glycolic acid face wash?

I've tried looking it up, but most instructions are for higher concentrations, people have said it only stays on the skin for a very brief period, no longer than a few minutes. I have a 3% acid wash and I'm not sure if this would be the same duration as the others? On the box, the only instructions it gives is, "Use twice a day, AM and PM." So I'm also curious and confused, for how many daily uses and how often between uses, or is everyday safe.

Glycolic acid cleanser

I developed MD Formulations and MD Forte glycolic acid products and the 3% is mild and should be used twice daily.  It opens the connections between the cells so that other substances can get in better and also removes some of the dead cells.  the best routine is to use it in the morning and follow with a sunscreen SPF 30 and again at night and follow with retinol

Nashville Dermatologist

How to use glycolic acid face wash?

Thanks for your query. Glycolic acid face washes are very safe. You can use them twice daily. It doesn’t harm instead will make your skin brighter. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Elevase moisturizer after a glycolic acid wash

Glycolic acid washes tend to dry the skin. I would use once daily and apply a ceramide moisturizer like Elevase on your skin daily. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS