I had laser treatment done to my hands. It was done with fractional laser. How do I treat this? (photos)

I had laser treatment done to my hands. It was extremely painful and blisters formed. The blisters broke and the skin peeled. My hands are now pink and almost see through. How do I treat this and will it cause scaring and loss in pigmentation? It was done with fractional laser

Follow up with laser surgeon

Aquaphor can help healing but it is best to follow up to minimize the chance of scarring. This is too marked a reaction to the laser.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Blisters from Lasers

Blisters generally mean that there was too much thermal injury and needs to be treated as a burn with careful post procedure care. I would immediately consult a board certified dermatologist for the best possible wound care. Also if appears as if you were tan in those photos? or is that the way you are are healing.  Please keep us posted and I am so sorry.

Wound care, prevent infection, see your laser specialist

This needs to be attended to by your Laser Specialist. Every event that is not 'usual' should be followed up by your laser specialist as he/ she can direct you as to their preferred treatments. 

The aim is to 

1. Prevent infection
2. Heal skin
3. Prevent scarring 
4. Prevent skin colour changes
5. Blend in skin colour in the future. 

I would seek help immediately. 
DR Davin Lim 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Blistering after fractional laser.

Blistering after a laser treatment is an indication that the skin has been burned. And if a burn occurs, there is a risk of scarring and permanent pigment changes in the skin. It is important to follow up closely with your physician- if you are not comfortable seeing the doctor who performed the treatment, then I would recommend seeing a board-certified Plastic Surgeon in your area as soon as possible to recommend appropriate wound care. Best of luck to you.

Jennifer Greer, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon