How sturdy are silicone implants under the muscle for bedroom play?

Okay I am asking this question on here as I am to embarrassed to look my PS in the eye and ask . Breast play in the bedroom can get a bit rough sometimes, pulling nipples, twisting and squeezing breasts. Would these implants hold up for that or could it damage them. I mean it is not abusive but I just want to be on the safe side and realise too they would need to be totally heeled up. Also wondering how often you see nipple numbness that never returns with feeling?

Very durable

Implants are placed under great pressure when tested for safety. Literally tons of pressure are applied on an implant, and held there for a while, to see if they’re able to withstand it. The amount of pressure applied during sexual activity (even rough play) would not even come close to what is applied during testing, so you shouldn’t be worried about it. It’s more your actual breast tissue that you should be concerned about damaging.

Breast Implant and Sexual Roughhousing

Breast Implants are the Timex pieces of implants ; They can take a beating and go on (ticking). Normal sexual roughhousing, ONCE YOU ARE HEALED, should not affect them in a material way. However, out of the hundreds of implants we did, we had a woman who had her implants flipped over by repeated rough manipulations. I would therefore wait until you are healed and have it it in moderation.

Peter Aldea, MD

Implants and activity

Implants are very stable and safe products.  Normal activity int he bedroom is fine once you have healed well.

1 month before breasts used in intercourse and sex

1 month is a safe amount of time before the breasts are able to be used during foreplay and intercourse. IF you have no nipple sensation yet, then your partner can badly injure you, as you would expect, because the normal pain feedback is diminished. Make sure you have someone who is understanding of this and cooperative and safe. It can take up to a year for all of the nerve endings to wake up. Nipple numbness is very rare, though I have certainly seen it after breast augmentation. 

Rough Play

While the implants are incredibly sturdy, they can rupture - usually for no reason other than "shell failure". So while direct pressure can result in rupture, it really only means there was a weak spot "ready to blow" anyway. I have had patients who even tie the breasts in bondage activity (you know what I mean if you've been there) and have had no issues. Handle as you wish realizing that implants may rupture but that is no reason to restrict your activities.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Very Sturdy...

Breast implants are designed to withstand significant amount of force. In other words, rupture of the implants would require significant force, unlikely to be sustained during sexual activity. Best wishes.

Tough implants

Dear penny99,
Implants are quite tough, and what you are describing should not be enough to damage the implant. The capsule, or scar tissue that forms around the implant could be damaged, and I would recommend not using textured silicone that incorporates (like Allergan) as the rough stuff could pull the scar tissue away from the capsule creating some fluid or something called a "double capsule". As far as sensation, what is not back after a year may be a permanent loss. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant safety

Thank you for your question. The silicone gel implants are unbelievably sturdy. A colleague of mine ran over one, on purpose for a demonstration, with his car. It looked completely unharmed. Not to worry about any activity, once released by your surgeon to do so. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

How sturdy

You should not worry about this.  Implants are sturdy enough to withstand regular daily activities including sexual activities. 

Alex Kim, MD