Dermal Filler for Nose Crease?

I have a crease on my nose and am very conscious of it. I would like to know, will a dermal filler work for this?

Doctor Answers 2

Dermal filler for nose crease.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Katie,

This is an excellent question. Are you talking about the horizontal crease that may form just above the tip? This is usually associated with chronic nasal allergy, and repetitively pushing your nose upward (often called the "allergic salute").

Since this is a skin-wrinkle, an injectable filler will likely improve / soften its appearance.

Good luck, and let me know how how this works.

Best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dermal filler would probably work for what you describe.  Without seeing it is not possible to say for certain.  In this area I personally prefer Restylane.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.