Early signs of bottoming out? 350cc mod plus, 7 weeks post op (photo)

I'm worried if my breast implants have bottomed out. Seems like my nipple placement is higher and higher due to dropping and settling of the implants. Am I wrong? It feels as if it is just getting worse with time. Is it too early to see any signs of bottoming out? My surgeon still doesn't want me to wear any bra support.

Early signs of bottoming out? 350cc mod plus, 7 weeks post op

I do see the difference in the 2 sides and the right breast is lower and is at risk for bottoming out.  This early after surgery wearing an underwire bra may definitely help prevent the right implant from dropping lower.  I would address this with your plastic surgeon.

Your implant position looks normal in these photos. Your implants have probably settled over the 7 weeks and as long as they don't drop more, you will have a nice result.

Every doctor has slightly different postoperative protocols. In my experience, many of the differences in protocols between different doctors has a lot to do with how they make the pocket. Most get equal results, so trust your surgeon above any other advice that you get.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I bottoming out after surgery?

This is early after surgery and I would advise you to check with your local Plastic Surgeon. I might recommend that you consider wearing an underwire bra, realize that a strong position to the implant may have to be considered for the future if this continues to occur after the next several months have passed, and thins can be strengthened with revision if needed.If your implants are textured on the surface, there should be no need for massaging and I doubt there would be further settling or lowering  as time moves along.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

It does not look like in your photos that you have signs of bottoming out.   Follow closely with your surgeon. Best of luck.

I agree with you.

While we generally recommend following your surgeon's advice, I will share with you that my own protocol is to indeed wear a bra 24/7 for four weeks after surgery to avoid bottoming out. 

If you are concerned I think it would be safe to wear a supportive bra, preferably with an underwire.  After discussing with your surgeon, if he or she still recommend otherwise, I would get a second opinion. 

Good luck.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Bottom Out?

Your implants appear to be centered under the nipple.  This is the ideal position.  And its normal for them to become lower in position for the first 12 weeks after surgery.  If at 12 weeks, you feel like the implants are sitting too low on your chest, your surgeon can perform a procedure called a capsulorraphy to raise the inframammary fold, if indicated.

Early signs of bottoming out after breast augmentation?

I can understand your concerns and would recommend that you address your concerns with your plastic surgeon again. It may be that after hearing about your concerns, he/she will recommend the use of a more supportive bra  and/or additional supportive garment etc. Best wishes.