Why are my breasts triangular looking? (Photo)

A lot of women on here have after their first day of surgery more round looking breasts! Mine look really pointy and triangular :(. I am only one day post op but I am already scared it will not drop anymore BECAUSE, my skin is really tight on my breast like super stretched and it fells like they can't drop, or will the skin be able to stretch in the next couple of weeks/ months? I got 650cc and 700cc (I think the right was 650cc and the left 700cc both ultra high profile)

Early with tight skin

I can tell you that you will have a great result.  You are so early in your healing process.  You have a large breast implant that your chest is trying to accommodate.  You will see some significant improvements over the next several weeks but it will take at least 3-6 months for your implants to settle.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

It will settle

Your own breasts superimposed over your "behind the muscle implants" are giving this composite effect.  It will evolve to a more natural shape and form over next several months. Be patient with it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

1 Day post op breast augmentation

It appears that  you will have a beautiful result!  Keep in mind you are only 1 day post op. Your breasts will take on a much different shape over time. The muscles need to relax and in turn the implants will fall into the pocket and look very nice. Keep wearing your bandeau and take the valium to keep the muscles relaxed. Be patient!

Why are my breasts triangular looking?

With the size of the implants, the swelling that normally happens after this surgery, and the fact that you have tight tissue, your triangular look is totally normal and to be expected in the early post period. Your breast will change as the swelling resolves and your tissue stretches. Continue to followup with your surgeon and follow his;her advice and directions for care.

Why are my breasts triangular looking?

At one day post operative you should not be worrying about the shape of your breasts. You are very early in the healing process and your breasts will continue to change. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Post op BA

Thanks for your post. Not to worry. It is common to have this unnaturally high appearance at this early stage of healing. The tissues around the implant will relax and stretch over the next few weeks, allowing the implants to settle in to a better position. Continue to follow up w/ your surgeon. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Why are my breasts triangular looking?

Thank you for your question. You are in very early phase of healing. They are going to change in the coming several weeks. 

It is too early to worry

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on undergoing breast augmentation. It is normal to have worries and concerns initially after any surgery as there is a lot of trust patients put in their surgeons to deliver the results they desire and the moment of truth is after surgery. Many people envision their breasts being much larger after they first unveil them, but once the initial worries of having undergone surgery subside, most patients see that they received what they expected. Considering you are only 1 day out from surgery, it is very common for patients to wish they went bigger during the initial post-operative period.

My advice to you is to hang in there, as your breasts will look even better, but you need to be patient as your implants settle. Right now they are squished by the activation of your pectoralis major muscle and tissue swelling due to the inflammatory response after surgery. Once they are in their final position and lower pole of your breasts is not as tight, your breasts will appear even larger and rounder; usually this process occurs as the pectoralis major muscle relaxes and the implants are no longer squeezed upward and settle into their ideal position. This process usually takes 1-3 months, but can take up to 6 months. Remember that each side may heal and drop and fluff at a different rate. Also, make sure to relay your concerns to your plastic surgeon as most value the patient-doctor relationship and want to be first in line to help their patients. If you are not happy with the size once they are fully settled, then you can consider pursuing a revision. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD