What Can I Do for a Crater in the Middle of my Nose? (Photo)

i am wondering how to make it normal please help

Doctor Answers 2

Can the dent on my nose by fixed?

First choice:  Injection of filler material to smooth the skin in this area.  Slight overcorrection advised.  Second choice, if there is scar beneath the dent:  Subcutaneous undermining to divide scar, then filler and/or dermal graft.  Third choice:  Direct excision of the divot, and primary multiple layer advancement flap closure under magnification.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Indented - pitted nasal scar

It is difficult to completely assess the area in the photo you submitted. If the the pit diameter is less than 2mm and the skin at the bottom of the pit contains the majority of normal skin elements I would recommend a punch incision of the pit. When the circular incision heals it will then push the center of the pit outward. If you just cut it out and suture the resulting wound closed I do not think you will be happy with the result.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.