Should I go to a Dermatologist or Urologist to remove two pea-sized epidermoid cysts from my scrotum? (photo)

I have two pea sized cysts on my scrotum, and I would like to know how much it would cost to have them removed before going to the doctor. They are a pain to look at for both me and my girlfriend and they have affected my life negatively. With insurance and without insurance?

Scrotal Cyst Removal

I remove these almost daily and they heal with almost no visible scar.  I charge a fee for removal since this is a cosmetic issue.  We would gladly have you at our office.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Scrotal Cyst Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Doesn't matter who you see...simple to remove...probably

a dermatologist would do it with less fanfare and lower cost...ask your insurance company if something like that would be covered...simple in-office procedure...snip snip and you're done...good luck

Ken Landow, MD

Ken Landow, MD

Cyst removal

A dermatologist or urologist can remove these cysts fairly simply with local anesthesia.   As far as being covered by insurance, it depends if the removal is considered cosmetic or medical necessity.  It is always a good idea to call your insurance company and discuss if it will be covered or not before the procedure.

Ronald Johnston, MD
Panama City Dermatologist

Cyst removal

Ronald Johnston, MD
Panama City Dermatologist