Correcting "Duck Lip" with Lip Reduction and Lip Lift?

I was talked into injecting a permanent filler (Artecoll) to augment my upper lip by a PS in Europe 3 years ago. I am very unhappy with the outcome. While it balanced the size of my upper lip with my lower lip, which was normally big, it is protruding, creating a "duck lip" effect and did not really address the space between my nose and my upper lip. I want to know if an upper lip reduction and an upper lip lift (which is what I originally wanted) would address the situation. Thank you!

Doctor Answers 3

Removing permanent lip fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your permanent filler can be partially removed with a lip reduction.  It may not be possible to completely remove all the filler.  I would suggest finding a plastic surgeon who has removed permanent filler from lips.
Usually this procedure is done in the office or as an outpatient procedure.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Removing permanent fillers from the lips - Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I perform many lip reconstructions by removing permanent fillers on the lips. The procedure is difficult but can yield impressive results. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Correcting upper lip undesireable appearance after Artecoll

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Permanent fillers like Artecoll are difficult to "correct", and most likely you will need surgical excision of some of this unwanted volume. To find a physician to do this for you, call around until you find a Plastic Surgeon that has had to do surgical revision on a permanent filler in this area, they will have the training AND the experience to help you.

Debra Irizarry, MD
Crestone Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.