After Cool Sculpting, Will I Be Swollen / Red After the Procedure Days After?

I plan on getting cool sculpting done on Monday but I work on a film set in a bikini , a day or two after, will my stomach be swollen or red after 2-3 days? I can't have anything notiably different on set

Thanks for your question. Coolsculpting is a wonderful treatment with minimal downtime and is ideal for getting your body bikini ready. However some patients experience mild swelling and bruising that can last up to a week. I would advise to wait until you can plan for a little bit of swelling. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Swelling after Coolsculpting

I would plan on being mildly swollen up to 2 weeks after and possibly bruised for 7-10 days.  I would plan my treatment around that timeline if my job involved wearing a bikini.

Swelling after Coolsculpting

Swollen are CoolSculpting

There may be bruising after your CoolSculpting treatment. If you want it before your film set than you would have to cover up the area with makeup. I would recommend doing the treat after to avoid the swelling and bruising that may come after CoolSculpting. I wish you the best.

Swollen are CoolSculpting

Coolsculpting and Swelling

Swelling in the area of Coolsculpting in the days following treatment is a good sign of the science at work! Coolsculpting disrupts a fat cell by applying a cooling temperature until cellular damage occurs. After this process, your body's own inflammatory system comes into play and cleans away the damaged/dead fat cells. Inflammation in the treatment area is our most anticipated side effect, as it tells us the Coolsculpting has done it's job and your body is in turn doing it's job to ensure a great result.

Coolsculpting and Swelling

Coolsculpting and swelling/redness

Coolsculpting is a great procedure, especially for the abdominal area.  However, some patients may be red or swollen or bruised from the applicator after the procedure.  If you have to be in a bikini a day later I would recommend you holding off on the procedure in case you have this side effect until after your photo shoot. The coolsculpting will help make you bikini ready!

Coolsculpting and swelling/redness

Side Effects of CoolSculpting

Some side effects that could occur are numbness, swelling, redness, bruising, and tenderness post treatment. Normally these side effects can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Every person heals and reacts differently, so it just depends on the person. It is a likely possibility that you will have swelling after 2-3 days.

Side Effects of CoolSculpting

Redness after CoolSculpting

Typically, there is minimal to no downtime after CoolSculpting though patients may experience temporary pain or discomfort. Side effects can include redness, bruising, swelling, tenderness to the touch, cramping, itching, tingling, and numbness. Numbness can persist up to several weeks after a procedure. Since every patient is different, and therefore heals differently, you could possibly be swollen or red 2-3 days after treatment. 

Redness after CoolSculpting

Bruising After Cool Sculpting

Dear Hellonan,

Usually, skin hypersensitivity with some bruising result after the cool sculpting treatment more noticeable on the abdomen than other areas. Some cramps and possible pain could be associated with select patients.

If any of the aforementioned results were to take place, they will subside and disappear within 2-5 weeks depending on the type of effects that will form.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you with the procedure and the work you will perform.

Dr. Sajjadian

Bruising After Cool Sculpting

Dear Hellonan,

Dr. Sajjadian

Following Coolsculpting

We explain to patients that a small amount of patients usually those treated in the lower abdomen will experience some crampy pain or sensitivity that is very uncomfortable. This typically resolves in no more than 4-6 weeks at the longest.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Following Coolsculpting

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising and CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

Think of a big hickey. That's what the suction can cause to many patients.  This type of benign bruising can look quite obvious and last for two to three weeks. if you can't afford to look this way for three weeks after the CoolSculpting, then you should reschedule your Zeltiq treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising and CoolSculpting by Zeltiq

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon