I had the SculpSure procedure performed on my stomach fat 2/1/16 I have 2 different lumps that have formed. Any suggestion?

They do not hurt or cause and discomfort. Is this a symptom from the procedure that I can expect to go away with time? Or is there something I can do to break down the lumps?

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Thermi

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Lumps after SculpSure

Thank you for your question. We do recommend you massage the treatment area at least twice. If you have already massaged the area and still have lumps return to the physician who performed the procedure for evaluation.

Sculpsure side effects

Thanks for your question. As others have mentioned, the lumps are due to breakdown of the fat cells as a result of the Sculpsure treatment. I had 2 lumps after my own treatment. I did massage for about a week and they resolved. I have also had a few patients that we have treated report lumps, but they have resolved. Hang in there, keep massaging and enjoy your results 
Best wishesDr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumps and sculpsure

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

The lumps are simply the inflammatory reaction of the body trying to destroy the fat deposits. massage will be the solution to the problem. 

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lumps after Sculpsure

I've been treating with Sculpsure from the beginning and have definitely noted that some people develop lumps after the treatment.  This is simply the fat cells that are dying and being absorbed by the body.  They seem to form about the 1-3 week mark if you are going to form them and usually disappear on their own if they are realtively soft.  If they are hard however then massaging them for about 2 weeks will help them all go away.  I haven't seen anyone have these nodules past about 6 weeks.

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after SculpSure

Thank you for your question. The lumps are normal as the treatment area is swollen and the dead fat cells have detached. The lumps will dissolve as time passes but you can start to massage the area daily for 5-10 minutes. It’s almost like when you bruise and some bruises are a little lumpy, after a few days of massaging, the body slowly dissolves it. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SculpSure and lumps

Most patients develop some "lumps" after a SculpSure treatment.  These are probably inflammatory responses to dead fat cells, YEAH!  This is a good thing, massage these areas 5-10 minutes twice/day for a couple of months and they will slowly resolve.  The lumps are also a little tender, but not I would call painful.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Lumps After SculpSure

These lumps are pockets of fat cells that have been killed by the treatment. Massage these areas multiple times a day with your fingers and they will resolve over the next 1-2 weeks in most cases. Good luck with your final result.

Michael A. Russo, MD
Orange County Bariatric Surgeon

Lumps After SculpSure

I have yet to see this with the device but radiofrequency treatments and Z wave can help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Should go down

Fat that is dying can sometimes lump up. So over time this should be metabolized.  Massage will probably speed up fat resolution from Sculpsure treatments.
Keith Denkler
Marin Plastic Surgeon.