How long do I have to sleep sitting up after surgery?

I'm not getting a good nights rest which leaves me irritated and behind all day. I doze on and off all day because I'm not really sleeping at night. So my question is..... how long do I have to sleep at a 90-70 degree angle. My back and my butt are killing me. And I would literally Jill for a good nights sleep.

BRM and sleeping

You need to ask your surgeon what he prefers in terms of a sleeping position. I usually allow patients to sleep on their side if they feel comfortable.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to undergo #breastreduction. From what you are describing, you must be miserable. Elevating your head after surgery is necessary to reduce the potential for #swelling. However, it is difficult to prop yourself at that angle and get a good night's rest. 

If you are not experiencing excess swelling or increased #pain, then find a position that is comfortable for you to get some sleep. Many women will use two medium pillows to prop. If you find that you awake without increased swelling and pain, then continue. If not, you will need to elevate more to avoid this. Just be careful not to roll over. This WILL cause pain and swelling!  Good luck.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Your plastic surgeon may have his/her own thoughts but most of my patients are able to lie completely flat within one week after breast reduction surgery.   Even immediately after surgery, a 30° incline generally suffices. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.