Best Way to Remove White Scar?

I have a scar from a wound, which regretfully I did not get it stitched. It has left a round, white scar on my chin. Would I need a surgical scar revision or a Laser treatment?

White scar on your chin will likely need an excision with skin resurfacing later

White scar on your chin will likely need an excision with skin resurfacing later. To hide it better you can do a geometric line closure.  You can then follow that up with some laser resurfacing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Another options is Oxsoralen

There is another potential solution for the removal of a white scar. In addition to the use of lasers to stimulate the Melanocytes, I sometimes use a product called: Oxsoralen® Lotion (Methoxsalen 1%). Great care must be exercised to ensure that the lotion is applied only on the scar, and then the scar is exposed to UVA light for about 30 seconds. If there are some melanocytes left, they will be stimulated to produce melanin, but if there are no cells left, then no resulting change will be seen. Extreme Caution is Advised: only highly trained physicians should consider using this product Oxsoralen Lotion (Methoxsalen 1%) since in the wrong hands, it can induce severe sun burns. --HPG

Another options is Oxsoralen

Surgical scar revision is a better option for treating a white scar

Surgical scar revision is more likely to improve or achieve a better scar as opposed to the use of  a laser. Lasers tend to work on pigmented, raised or red scars but do little for mature white scars. 

Treatment of white and hypopigmented scars - expert

Scar revision surgery and/or fractional co2 laser can help improve white scars on the body.  These hypopigmented scars do not fade with topical creams.