Bigger Pores after Fraxel Restore? Why?

Why do my pores look bigger and stretched after one session of Fraxel Restore? My pores look extremely dilated and then some of my pores have connected to form lines. I had my fraxel restore procedure almost 3 months ago and have not seen any improvement in the texture since all my pores opened up.

Fraxel and pores

I often use Fraxel laser to help diminish pore sizing as it stimulates collagen ( my regime is a high density 1927, with little 1550).  Depending on your skin quality, 2-3 treatments maybe needed. If you could post the before and after photos, this will give us an indication of the pore sizing and if this is the correct laser for you. all the best
Dr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel on Pores

Thank you for your question. I have seen better results with using the Fraxel repair and if you go to my website you will see an example of just how much acne scarring and poring can potentially be reduced. However this machine is more invasive then the restore. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Dr Kotis

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

Effect of Fraxel Restore on Pores

Hi F,

Fraxel restore is meant to be a series of treatments with improvement of the skin over time.  Our patients see continued improvement over the course of their treatments.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Larger pores after laser

Laser resurfacing has one of two effects on pore size--it will make it worse or make it better. Often, there is no way to predict how one will respond. For this reason, I do not treat patients pores, but other conditions--acne scars, wrinkles, etc. 

Results after laser are mostly appreciated within 3 months, but may take 1 year or longer to see the full effect. For superficial peels, a series of treatments is often recommended. 

Hope this helps!
Dr. Bader

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon