Crepey wrinkles on legs above knee and upper arms. Accent RF? (Photo)

Looking for the best non-surgical treatment. How about Accent RF? I don't expect to get rid of them entirely but maybe turn the clock back a few years. I am 62 years old, in good health and otherwise fairly fit.

Doctor Answers 3

Accent RF

Radiofrequency skin tightening has advanced a lot the last several years. It can be used in the thigh area. Results would depend on how much skin looseness is present, and overall health of the skin - and operator skill.

See a physician in your area that has experience with radiofrequency procedures like Accent. It may be an option for you, but other therapies might help as well.

Portland Physician
4.9 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

V-shape laser tightens skin

The V-shape laser (formerly Accent) does a great job tightening skin in the right hands.  It can certainly be used on the upper arms and the legs.  Using the different modalities Unibody and bipolar combined, the skin can be firmed and crepey texture reduced.  It may take 6 or more treatments to achieve your desired results.  Good luck.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Upper arms crapey skin

It sounds like you have realistic expectations and could really benefit from (1) carbon dioxide fractionated resurfacing and/or (2) ultherapy.  Ultherapy would be off-label there, so you would want to make sure your provider had experience and felt comfortable with the anatomy and depth of treatment.  Fractionated CO2 laser would be simple, although off the head and neck, I always recommend 2-3 treatments for best results.  Laser would also require some downtime while things are healing back up and is best done in the months with shorter days and cooler temps.  Good luck!

Michael H. Swann, MD
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.