Cheek Fillers For Sagging? (photo)

Hi, I'm starting to be bothered by the sagging in the lower part of my face. I'm in my late 20s, and my lower cheeks have always been pouchy while the top is flat. I generally like a sharpness in my cheekbones moreso than the ideal cheek women should have. I had initially thought of going to the plastic surgeon to get a filler in my marionette lines, but when I think about it maybe a filler in my cheeks would help more overall while reducing those lines near my nose and mouth. Any advice is appreciated

Doctor Answers 10

Cheek Fillers For Sagging? (photo)

I'd have to see you in person to assess your needs.  From the photos it seems you have early festooning and/or lack of volume at the lid-cheek junction.  Fillers I would recommend for you are Perlane, high G prime and reversible.  I wouldn't use juvederm because it's low G prime and swells with water absorption and may make that area worse.  Radiesse is excellent however as a first time injectable Perlane would be my choice.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 146 reviews

Fillers for the cheek enhancement

To enhance your cheek profile, my first choice would be use of Radiesse as foundation and add Restylane or Juvederm as needed for more shallow injection. The photos do show mild flattening of cheek and mild submalar groove. On frontal view, your left side appears wider and fuller than the right side. Since the other side profile view is not available, it's hard to tell which cheek is fuller anteriorly. You may benefit from injection to different parts of the cheek on each side to help reduce your asymmetry. Your marionette and lower face asymmetry can be treated the same way.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Fillers for sagging cheeks- many options

As we age we experience volume loss in our faces which may result in sagging cheeks.  We may even start to notice this in our 20s-- especially if we are very fit or lose weight.  There are many excellent filler options for you including Juvederm UP, Radiesse, and Scupltra.  Juvederm UP may be where you want to start as it is lower risk and can be removed if you don't like it.  It sounds like you would want someone to do a cheek lift with the filler in addition to injecting it into the melolabial folds.  Good luck.

Dina D. Strachan, MD
New York Dermatologist
3.3 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Cheek Fillers For Sagging?

 Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the cheeks are a bit flat.  Cheek Augmentation with fillers (I prefer using Perlane) can be done as an office visit in 15 minutes or less.  The trick is understanding and following the proper aesthetics of cheek/ facial beauty for the creation of more aesthetically shaped cheeks and a naturally more attractive face.  Hope this helps.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Cheek fillers for sagging

From your pictures, it does appear that there is some flattening in your cheek between your lower eyelid area and you mouth area.  If this is the case, then you could benefit from some filler to that area.  Generally when this is done, it does help to give a little lift to the skin below the area that is treated, and this would improve the nasolabial folds (the lines that run from your nose to your mouth).  There are a variety of fillers you could use, but I would most likely recommend Radiesse or Sculptra.  In a consultation with an experienced physician who performs filler injections, you would be able to get more detailed information.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Cheek Fillers for Sagging

I would recommend a HA filler such as Restylane, Perlane, Jeuvederm or others like Radiesse or Sculptra. The nice thing about these fillers is that they last for up to a year or more and if you do not like the result it will go away. If you do you might want to consider fat transfer as a more permanent fix

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 159 reviews

Best cheek fillers for sagging

Deeper stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra or Radiesse, when strategically injected high along the cheekbones and lateral face, will create a much better lifting effect for sagging skin. Sculptra or Radiesse is not injected directly into the wrinkle lines and folds, but rather into other areas of the face to treat the subtle volume loss that leads to their appearance. This leads to the natural-looking results that are so often desired.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Cheek Fillers For Sagging?

I use in order: Fat grafts with PRP, Radiesse, Perlane, Juvederm, Restylane. Best to see in person evaluations. 

Darryl J. Blinski, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 174 reviews



The best options that you have at your early 20's is SCULPTRA.. That is an injectable that repairs your own collagen and it plumps you back up along your check area. The product last up 2-3 years. You should do some research on it on our website or any website. Good luck.


Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
3.3 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Options for sagging cheeks

Cheek fillers are only a temporary fix to improve flat cheek area.  The best permanent solution to flat cheeks is to insert silastic cheek implants through an intraoral approach directly over the bone.  This gives a nice permanent augmentation to the cheeks.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 146 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.