Is it feasable to have more than one PRK enhancement?

I had PRK corrective surgery on my right eye about 2 years ago. Within days, the vision in my right eye was perfect. Five months ago, I had my left eye corrected. Afterwards my vision wasn't very clear - overall I could see farther, but there was quite a strong blur on everything in my vision on my left eye. Two weeks ago, I had a PRK enhancement done. Now, 2+ weeks later, my vision is generally quite blurry still. Would I be ill-advised to request a third enhancement?

Multiple enhancements

It generally can take anywhere from three to six months for your eyes to fully heal after PRK.  It is too early to tell whether or not you need an enhancement.  I would recommend that you continue scheduled eye exams with your surgeon so that they can monitor your healing process.  However, if you do need an enhancement, your surgeon will re-evaluate your eyes to make sure that your eyes are healthy enough to have another enhancement.

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Multiple PRK enhancements

It is way to early to know if you will need an additional enhancement. I would wait 3-6 months before making that determination. But if you do need an additional enhancement, it is certainly okay to have it.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist