Almond eyes achievable through lateral canthoplasty/canthopexy? (Photo)

I'm unhappy with the 'rounded' appearance of my eyes and would prefer a more almond shape. When I push the corner of my lower lid up (as pictured in the second photo), that is desired result. Is this achievable through a canthopexy/canthoplasty? I've also seen some nice results from surgeons using infraorbital rim implants. Are there any other procedures that I may be able to achieve this through?

Doctor Answers 3

Fat graft and Lateral canthopexy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Infraorbital rim implant is good method for you but If you don't want implant, fat graft is alternatives for that.
The reason of your lower eyelid shape is lack of supporting bone and you need volume for that.
Actually, many Korean girls want your eye shape and I am doing lowering lower eyelid for Korean girl.
It is very ironic cultural difference.
Have a nice day!

South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery - Canthopexy - Canthoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question eyelid surgery.

Yes, it is possible that you would benefit from lateral canthopexy or canthoplasty to elevate the horizontal axis of your eyes.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have eyelid surgery or related procedure.

I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS
Nashville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 221 reviews

Eyelid surgery, Canthopexy or canthoplasty, volume options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and pictures.
Its seems that you would benefit from a lateral canthopexy or canthoplasty procedure. This procedure will elevate the horizontal dimension of the eyelid laterally. I would recommend two options for volumizing which I agree with an implant and or fat grafting. I would recommend being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options further.Good luck to you

Dr Kotis 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.