Breast "Tack" for Breast Lifting?

what is it called when a breast is lifted by "tacking" the breast inside-like a "hammock"? i am interested in lifting my breasts-- i have currently have implants (size 38 C) i am not interested in the standard cresent shaped incision lift. i have heard it called a breast tack-- but when i google the term-- nothing comes up- help! thanks for your time!

Doctor Answers 3

Breast Lifting Technique?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, without a good quality pictures or in person examination is not possible to give you good advice.

I am concerned, based on your description, that you may fall in the wrong hands and undergo a procedure that has not been time tested;  with your desire to limit incisions you may end up dissatisfied with the end results of surgery.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Best wishes.

Internal brassiere for breast lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without looking at your pictures it's hard to tell which procedure would be best for you. What I often do in my practice when a pt. has implants that are behind the muscle I:

  • Go back in through a circumareolar incision and make the capsule smaller to bring the implant up
  • then, perform a 'donut mastopexy' to lift the nipple where it needs to be (if needed)

Implants that are above the muscle:

  • Remove the existing implants, then place them behind the muscle
  • Depending on the amt. of lift needed; perform a donut mastopexy
  • or the Ultimate Lift (NO VERTICAL SCAR) scars are around the areola and hidden under  the breast mound

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 230 reviews

Breast lifts are great for the right reasons!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are not sagging considerably and you want to limit the scar to an area around the areo;a, then a Goes Lift is ideal for you. This is a technique whereby the breast tissue is lifted from high on the chest wal. the breast tissue is reshaped internally and then supported with an internal mesh brassiere. The results are durable and the scarring is minimal. If you desire a little added volume, my Tear Drop lift is the next best thing.

Another version of this lift is the Benelli mastopexy, but I find the results to be less satisfactory than the Goes or Tear Drop.

Robert M. Freund, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.