Breast Lifting Exercises

My breasts are starting to droop more as I get older. Are there any exercises I can do to lift my breasts? Will working on my pectoral muscles help?

Breast Lifting Exercises

There are no breast lifting exercises that truly help to lift sagging breasts. It would require an operative intervention such a breastlift (mastopexy) or a breast augmentation/mastopexy.

Exercises to avoid a breast lift.

Thank you for your question.  I see a similar question frequently when it comes from the abdomen.  Most of my patients want to know what they can do to tighten loose breasts and abdominal skin after childbearing.  The the short and unfortunate answer is not much.

After childbearing the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen lose their elasticity.  Diet and exercise unfortunately cannot regain that lost skin tension.

The paradox of exercising, which I strongly encourage is that it will lead to less body fat which will ultimately further loosen the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen.  So paradoxically, patients who do everything right often wind up getting even looser.

If you work on your pecks enough you will diminish your body fat and get looser.

You may wish to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can at least give you options.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Unfortunately, the only true option for less saggy breasts is a breast lift or mastopexy. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift exercise

Unfortunately, there is no "breast lifting" exercise.  Our breasts sag with time and weight fluctuation.  Breasts get droopy as we lose the breast volume and retain the breast skin.  Breast lift rearranges underlying breast tissue and removes excess breast skin so that your breasts become perkier. No amount of muscle (pectoralis) exercise will correct the breast shape and excess skin.  

Exercises Don't Lift a Sagging Breast

Unfortunately exercises do not lift the breast.

Exercising the pectoral muscles can reshape the chest, but will have no effect on breast position and little or no effect on breast shape.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast exercises for sagging breasts

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, there are no exercises to stop or reverse breast droop. Breast ptosis (sag) can be caused by time or changes in breast size (through breast feeding or weight loss). These factors cause the elasticity of the skin and the Cooper's ligaments (internal supporting structures that keep the breast perky) to decrease. This leads to breast sagging.

There is no exercise that will reverse or prevent this. Exercise only helps the underlying pectoralis muscle but will not improve the sag of the breasts.

I hope this helps!

Breast Lifting Exercises

I wish that I had better news for you but unfortunately exercises will not do much to help lift the breasts.  The reason why is that breast ptosis, or breast droop, is the result of loose skin, poor skin elasticity and a loss of breast volume.  While diet and exercise are fantastic for ones general health and well being, these activities in the absence of a surgical intervention cannot do much to correct skin elasticity and the sagging of ones breasts.  
I would recommend seeking out a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast lift procedures.  This way your anatomy can be examined, your concerns can be addressed and you can at least be provided with what options are available to you to give you the results you hope to achieve.  All the best.

Exercise for Breast Lifting? Not Much.

Getting in excellent shape helps the muscle tone and improves the appearance of the torso.  Don't sell fitness short! 

Unfortunately, exercises don't lift the breast much at all.  

Breast Lifting Exercises

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, there are no exercises that can tighten sagging, excess skin.  Similar to the excess skin of the abdomen following pregnancy, excess skin of the breasts and other areas of the body can only be eliminated via surgical excision.  The scars from a breast lift tend to heal extremely well and fade with time.  

Breast lift exercises

In sort there are no exercises to lift a breast or tighten skin. Gaining more muscle mass may help the overall appearance of the chest or arms, but it will not lift your breasts.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon