Breast Lift Recovery

I'm considering a breast lift. What can I expect during breast lift recovery?

Breast Lift Recovery?

Breast lift recovery is relatively easier  than most operations we perform. This is because there is no “muscle work” involved ( as opposed to breast augmentation surgery). Most patients need help for one or 2 days after surgery and can return to work within a week afterwards (depending on the type of work).

Breast lifting does involve incisions that need to be cared for;  from the standpoint, recovery and complications can be greater than for patients who are undergoing breast on notation only ( through very small incisions).

Breast Lift Recovery

Breast lift surgery typically lasts three to four hours and is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. Rarely, surgical drains are placed during the procedure and are removed within the first week after surgery. At the first postoperative appointment, the sterile surgical dressings are removed and replaced with a supportive surgical bra. Patients are expected to wear this bra at all times for three weeks. While every patient is different, most women are able to return to work in one week, light exercise in three weeks, and resume strenuous activity (including overhead lifting, etc…) after five weeks. Antibiotics and pain medicine are prescribed following the surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Lift Recover: Quicker Than You Think

Women report minimal discomfort after breast lift surgery. That’s because a breast lift involves removing only loose, stretched skin. If implants are added at the same time, the skin and muscle will be stretched, which may cause a little more discomfort. By the third day, many women are comfortable enough to lift their children and to drive. More than 90 percent of my patients are back to work on the fifth day after surgery if they work in an office setting. Women whose work requires lifting, pushing or pulling usually go back to work toward the end of the second week. They might be a little sore at the end of their work day, but by Week 3, they feel pretty much back to normal. If you're considering a breast lift, I recommend that you ask your plastic surgeon if he or she performs the I.D.E.A.L. Breast Lift.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Complete healing takes at least a year.

Breast lift is one of the more commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures.Patients note almost immediate improvement in their symptoms over the course of time and develop improved self-esteem and self-image with this procedure.

It’s important to remember that recovery varies from patient to patient.We generally recommend taking a week off from school and work following this procedure but many patients are able to return sooner.Strenuous activities such as athletics and heavy lifting should be avoided for at least four to six weeks following surgery.

Patients are typically given narcotic pain relievers for four to five days following surgery.They are then usually switched to Tylenol.It’s important to have an adequate support system available in the postoperative period.

Patients are required to wear a specialized support bra for three weeks and a sports bra for an additional three months.It’s important to remember that complete healing takes at least a year.

Breast lift recovery

Surprisingly quick. The operation involves removing some skin and contouring the breast. Pain after this procedure is mild to moderate. Most women are off their pain meds by 5-7 days. You can return to work by 7-10 days. You may begin light cardio not involving the upper body at 2 weeks and full unrestricted activity by 4 weeks.

I hope you found this helpful. Good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Recovery time will vary from person to person and what your daily activity involves. We tell our patients here at plasticsurgeryoahu recovery time is average 7 days for office job or light activities. It may take 2-6weeks for more strennous activities. Scars begin to fade after ~6weeks, but can take 6-12 months for complete healing.

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Recovery

You'll probably need to take 2 weeks off of work if it's a desk job (or longer if it's more physically demanding). You'll need to take it easy for 1 week, and you can start exercising at 3 weeks.

Breast lift recovery

The recovery from a breast lift (mastopexy) is not as involved as the recovery from breast implants. Since most breast lifts require removal of skin and tissue only (the muscle is left intact) patients can return to work in two to three days. Oral pain medication is required for only two to three days, after which time, patients can return to work and drive while taking just Tylenol. A surgical bra is usually work for several (four) weeks after the procedure, and often times, the stitches are absorbable.

William Bruno, MD

Breast lift recovery.

Hi!

1)  The breast is a skin organ, and so a breast lift is really skin surgery, which doesn't hurt much.

2)  Our breast lift patients in New York go back to work in 5 days, and exercise in 3 weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast lift receovery

Breast lift surgery  recovery is relatively easy.  It is certainly easier than most breast augmentations.  Patients do not usually have too much discomfort from  the procedure.