Can I have Breast Lift with Implants, abdominal Liposuction, and upper blepharoplasty at the same time?

I am 41 years old. I have 4 children. I now want to have some long awaited procedures: 1. Breast lift and implants (dual plane) 2. Abdominal liposuction 3. Upper blepharoplasty My questions: 1. Can this all be done at one time? 2. If so, would the recovery be manageable? 3. If not, what would your suggest? (e.g breasts and lipo done in one operating time and eyes done in another under local?) I am going overseas so it would be really useful to know the suggested time between each one. Thank you.

The simple answer is YES. The recovery is very manageable. Count on about 5-7 days recovery. When combined procedures are performed, it's less expensive and you are exposed to anesthesia only once. Your recovery is only one and therefore your down time is lessened.

Seek surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in the procedures that you desire. Good luck on your journey.

Combining cosmetic surgery procedures

Breast reductions/lifts/augmentations can absolutely be combined with a tummy tuck/mini tummy tuck/body lift. As long as you're cleared by your internist for surgery and you're a good candidate for the procedures then it should be okay. Also, combining procedures greatly reduces the anesthesia, facility, and professional fees. Even more, breast reductions are usually covered by insurance and this can save you more money on the anesthesia and facility fees as well. Thanks for your question!

Can I safely undergo breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction and blepharoplasty at the same time?

Yes, it is safe to undergo all of these procedures at the same time as long as it is performed by a well trained and experienced plastic surgeon.  A properly trained and skilled surgeon should be able to safely perform all of these procedures at the same time

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover with Upper Blepharoplasty

It's very possible to combine an Upper #Blepharoplasty with a Mommy Makeover. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.   

Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations.  

Mommy make-over with other procedures

Your plan sounds very good.
  • The abdominal liposuction, breast lift and implants and upper lid blepharoplasty can all be done at one time
  • In cases like this, I always plan the most important procedure first, in case surgery takes longer than expected
  • In your case, I would do the blepharoplasty last - it can be done with local anesthesia in the office in 10 days if needed.
  • Your body recovery will be about 1 week of pain/discomfort, another week of things return to normal and 6 weeks to get all your energy back.
  • Your eye recovery will be 2 days of ice and rest and then 2 weeks before exercise. 
  • Enjoy your results! 

Combined procedures

Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done. On longer cases, an overnight stay may be recommended. Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status.

Multiple aesthetic procedures are commonly done together.

The general answer to your question is yes provided that you are in good health. This combination does not seem unreasonable and the ultimate decision will be made by the surgeon that you choose.

Generally speaking, the combination surgery that you are thinking about can be done together in most cases. Whether the combination surgery is indicated and/or safe should be evaluated on an individualized basis.  Factors such health status, physical examination,  goals,  selection of plastic surgeon,  exact procedures planned, estimated blood loss, duration of surgery,  recovery considerations, anesthesia provider, surgery facility are all important  considerations.

I perform combination surgeries frequently, and I could perform full breast lift with implants, abdominal liposuction, and upper blepharoplasties in about 4 hours.  The overall surgery time should be held to under 6 hours.

Multiple procedures

You are going to need a good consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon to answer your questions. Being able to complete the procedures you have mentioned together in one surgery will depend quite a bit on your physical exam, extent of the issues needing to be corrected, and the technique and protocols used by the surgeon that you choose for surgery. 

I hope that you are not traveling abroad for your surgery with the hopes of just saving money. I have seen too many patients that have had problems with surgery completed by less expensive surgeons abroad. It really is important to have the proper evaluation, treatment, and follow up after surgery for best results. And this is often difficult to obtain when you aren't using a local surgeon.  

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon