Naturally Looking Full C Cup with 400cc Silicone Breast Implants?

I am 5'5, 105 lbs, with 32A breasts and wanting a full C cup. I will be having 400CC silicone breast implants, Modplus. Would this give me natural look?

Natural C Cup

There will  be absolutely nothing natural-looking about a 400 cc M+ silicone breast implant on your very lean frame!  With a size 32 chest/bra, cup size increases rapidly with even modest volume increases.  Larger M+ silicone implants will be too wide for your native breast width, imparting a matronly look to your breasts.  Further, these wider implants will encroach upon the armpit area because the implant has to go somewhere.  Increasing the volume will most certainly require a High Profile device, especially with Mentor implants.  Please consider the long-tern effects of large implants on your soft tissues!  You will have ample opportunities to adjust the volume during future implant exchanges, especially if your weight changes in the years to come.  With your build, backing off 100 cc or so can still provide a very desirable result.  Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.  Speak with a surgeon who has your best interests in mind.           

How to achieve a Full C with Breast augmentation - Look at your plastic surgeons results to see what a "C" means to you

You need to first determine whether you and your plastic surgeon share the same opinion about what what a natural looking breast implant result looks like. Look at many, many before and after images.  I have attached a link to my before and after breast augmentation gallery below.

The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume. The Full C seems to be one of the mist requested bra sizes, yet it means different things to different people. 
If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high (in this practice we use high-profile implants only in rare instances). Inflatable sizers are used for saline implant augmentations, and pre-filled gel sizers are used for gel implant augmentations.
For any patient there is obviously a range of implant volumes that would be considered natural-appearing, and a volume at which the upper pole of the breast begins to look very unnatural. While one patient may seek an augmentation that is 'perfectly natural', another may be interested in a result that is more on 'the full side of natural', and many patients do ask that the largest implant volume be selected that does not produce an unnatural fullness in the upper pole.  Look at many, many before and after images. Using images from your surgeon's before and after gallery is a very valuable means of communicating your goals. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Naturally occuring C cup.

For your given height, you far less than your ideal body weight of 130 lbs.This likely means that any implant placed in a small breast with a small amount of body fat will have an obvious augmentation appearance. Statisitically you would achieve a C cup with a 350cc Implant. The 400cc implant is likely to be somewhat obvious.

400 cc implants not the most natural look for a petite woman

There are really a couple of questions here. One is what you mean by a "natural" look. An interesting study from a few years ago found that what plastic surgeons consider natural was not the same as what patients really wanted when they said the natural look is what they were after. patients tended to select more upper fullness (and so a larger size.) However, 400 cc breasts on a woman of 105 lbs. is just not something that occurs naturally very often. If beleivability is what you want then 400 cc is too large.

The other thing is cup size, which relates to the size of the chest as much as the volume of the breasts. A C cup on one person is a different look than someone of different stature. It's a better idea to focus on the look you want without reference to cup size.

Richard Baxter, MD

Naturally-looking full 'C' cup with 400cc silicone breast implants?

Hello! Thank you for your question! Given your description and wishes, an implant to fit your chest may be the right one for you. The most important determination for the correct implant size is the width of of your breast. Choosing one that fits your breast perfectly would be the ideal one for you. Although there are a few smaller sized implants available, an evaluation and examination by a plastic surgeon of your breast characteristics, breast width, and skin/soft tissue laxity are very important in picking the right implant to meet your desires. Consideration for the gummy bear implant is also a thought. Photographs of what you envision for yourself may be helpful during your consultation.

Consult with a surgeon who will discuss the various options, implants, incision location, implant placement, etc. it is difficult to give you recommendations without an examination and measurements. Good luck and best wishes for a terrific result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection Process

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast Implant Size

There is not a direct correlation between breast implant size and cup size as the cup size varies greatly among companies and even within the same company. Moreover, cup size can vary based on who is performing the measurement. 
The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

#breastaugmentation
#findingtherightsize
#BA

Cup size

This is a very common question. The reality is there is no way to determine what YOUR cup size will be for a few reasons.
First, cup size is determined by each store and even in each store you will find different cups that fit you. For example, Victoria's Secret has different lines and each line has a slightly different fit. There is even a store in Manhattan that will tell you you are a C cup even if you are flat chested just to give you an ego boost.
Second, each patient likes a cup size that fits HER best in her own opinion. I've had patients who are clearly in the A cup range who don't mind "swimming" in their big bras filled with "chicken cutlets" and I've had other patients who were clearly in the D cup range who like the look of "popping out" of their bras so they wear B cup bras.
Since cup size is both made up by stores and based on the individual style of the patient, it is impossible to predict.
With that said, I use cup size as an idea of what style patients want. Meaning, if a patient is an A cup and says "I want a D," it's a certain implant, whereas the same patient saying "I want a B" is a different implant.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Freiman

Natural Looking Full C Cup, Will 400cc Silicone Breast Implants Achieve that Result for my Breast Augmentation?

This is a very common question as one of the most common requests in terms of end result after a breast augmentation is a “Full C”. This is helpful in initiating your discussion about your procedure with your plastic surgeon, however breast implant cc do not correlate with cup size. A patient’s final result in terms of cup size will vary on several factors such as initial cup size, bra type, body frame and chest size.

Natural appearing can vary from person to person depending their pre-operative size and breast tissue. No question that silicone breast implants tend to give patients a more natural and soft appearance than saline implants. With silicone implants patients can typically go a little bigger and still have a soft natural appearance compared saline implants.

An average implant in the U.S. is around 375cc, so 400cc implants are well within a very common implant size. However patients can have implants that range from 200cc to up to 800cc depending on the their aesthetic goals from their breast augmentation.

I would advise you to do a couple things to help yourself decided what you implant is best for your breast augmentation. One, be open about your aesthetic goals with our plastic surgeon, then he or she will be able to guide you in choosing the correct implant. I typically have patients do at least two sessions of sizing to with the Mentor Sizing System. This system allows patients to come into the office and try on implants with a bra and tank top. They then are able to look at themselves in the mirror and have a realistic idea of what the implants will look like on them as a 400cc implant will look different on different people. The reason I typically have people do this more than once is that the first time people try on implants they tend to feel like everything is big because they are not used to it.

Lastly I would recommend not getting too caught up in cup size as this will vary from bra to bra. Also patients can talk themselves out of the implant that is goal to help them achieve their aesthetic goals form their breast augmentation because of trying to pic a specific cup size. Looking in the mirror and just deciding if you like the way you look in my experience has helped patients find the implant that reaches their goals.

Please spend time discussing your breast implant options with your board certified plastic surgeon.