Breast Implant Not Dropped, Uneven Nipples, 1 1/2 Months After Augmentation? (photo)

I had my breasts done September 27th. One had dropped nicely. One has not. They are both soft not hard. One sits a lot higher making the nipple point down. I have been massaging and rolling up a tight tube top to put pressure on the top of the one breast. Nothing is working and it looks hideous! My surgery was over 8 grand and I really can't afford a revision. What do I do? Will it still drop after a month and a half? Also the one that hasn't dropped I can see my veins through.

Breast asymmetry after breast augmentation

Even though you may be unhappy at this point, you are still early on in your healing process. The best that you can do is continue to follow your surgeon's instructions, keep all of your follow up appointments, ask all the questions you want, and most importantly, be patient.  When you think about what you paid and what revision costs may be, it can easily frustrate you and escalating emotions will follow. Stay calm and stay the course: your surgeon wants you to be thrilled with your decision to have breast enhancement.  

Implant settling

There is one absolute in breast anatomy: nipples are never ever even. Most patients think they are same but when measurements are done, they are not. Putting implants in may make the nipple asymmetry appear even worse but once they settle, the nipples are more symmetrical. Your implants still need to settle but I think you can expect a very good result.

Good luck 

Six weeks post op. Will the implants drop?

Thank you for the photos. You are still early in your post operative course. You also may have had some asymmetry pre op.  Breast implants tend to start dropping into place after 3 to 4 weeks. They usually will get to their final position in 6 to 12 months. One will drop faster than the other, also the shape may go through changes. Please follow your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions. For example; we like message, but some surgeons will have you wait, or do it in a specific manner. Please also let them know your thoughts and concerns.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Still early

Its still very early, while a lot of descent happens early, it can take 3-6 months for full descent and tissue relaxation. This is a process, and takes time.

Zach Barnes, MD
Bakersfield Physician

Breast Implant Not Dropped, Uneven Nipples, 1 1/2 Months After Augmentation

Thank you for submitting your question and photo. You were most lilely asymetrical before surgery. You have a good result and your very early in your recovery from breast augmentation surgery. Your implants will soften and your breasts will change over the next several weeks. Final results take 6 months. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Give it more time

You are too early or still in the healing phase, and I would give it at least 6 months before thinking of the need to redo your surgery. 

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast Implant Not Dropped, Uneven Nipples, 1 1/2 Months After Augmentation?

I think they are in correct placement. But your N/A complexes were uneven before the operation so enlargement magnifies the asymmetry. I recommend a donut lift on the left side to gain more symmetry. 

Breast Implants Did Not Drop At 1.5 Months Post-op

Thank you for sharing your photos along with your post.

The good news is that you are still at fairly early stage in the recovery process. This translates into a good possibility that the high-riding implant will settle into its pocket naturally like the other one did.

At this point, it is important that you be a little more patient and to think positively. Following your surgeon's instructions religiously is crucial.

I hope that this helps.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implants not dropping

Hi, after an augmentation and especially in younger athletic type patients the implants can take some time to settle down, up to 3 months or so.

I recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and follow his instructions and avoid any revisions at this point since its only been a few weeks since your surgery.

1.5 Months after Implants and High Implant

Implants, particularly larger implants in smaller women, may take at least 3 months to drop.   Massage and time usually resolves the issue if the pocket has been dissected properly.