Do Breast Enlargement Creams Work?

At amazon.com you can see lots of breast enhancement creams and pills for sale. So, i figured if amazon carries them, they must have some benefit. I'd like to go up one or 2 cup sizes without surgery. The top reviewed breast enhancer that seems to do this is the Breast Actives. The Breast Actives program is called a natural Breast Enhancement Program with exercise, supplements and cream that give you nutrients that you don't get in your diet. Is there truth that certain nutrients missing in your diet can lead to poor breast development?  If so, wouldn't these products *work* to some degree if that's the case. I mean, you do get bigger breasts when you gain weight, so it seems like theres a relationship between breast size and diet.

Creams, pills and potions...

The reality is that no pills, creams or potions work. If one did, we all would know about it and it would be a huge runaway hit. If one that actually works is ever developed, it will storm the market and be a beyond best seller. Unfortunately this is not the case. Please save your money.

Breast enhancement creams will not do much

Plenty of products will claim to increase your breast size. Unfortunately, products such as creams will not make much difference in the size of your breast. Breast implants will make a reliable increase in the size of your breasts. 3 d imaging machines such as I use in my office can show you an idea of what an implant size can look like in your own body. Patient satisfaction from breast implants is extremely high, with creams not so much.

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True...

The truth is that the claims by breast enhancing creams, pills, and instruments are unfounded. As of yet, there have not been any scientific studies that prove the effectiveness and safety of these "alternatives". While herbals that have hormone-like (estrogen-like) factors could temporarily firm up your breasts (their "enhancement" is more similar to the swelling during your cycle), their long-term safety is questionable.
Unfortunately, creams will not enhance your breasts satisfactorily, no matter what "program" guarantees to do so. If you are looking for at least a half cup size increase in your breasts, implants are the way to go. Breast augmentation with implants is consistently one of the most common cosmetic surgeries performed each year and has a high satisfaction rate.

Do breast enlargement creams work?

Breast enlargement creams will not work to increase your breast size. The only realiable way to increase your breast size is with an implant. In my practice, I also offer augmentation with your own fat in conjunction with the BRAVA device. The BRAVA device is a large suction cup that is placed over the breast to temporarily expand the skin and breast tissue. This will allow more fat to be "transferred" into the breast. I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon about your options.

Breast creams for enlargement

Unfortunately there is currently no cream on the market that has been clinically proven to enhance the size of a woman's breasts.

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

There are no exercises, injections, supplements, foods, or creams that will noticeably increase breast volume or lift the breast. Most often, implants are used to augment the breasts of patients with good skin quality who lack breast volume. For patients with both a lack of volume and sagging breasts, a combination of a breast lift and augmentation (mastopexy augmentation) can address both issues. A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Creams and lotions

Creams and herbs will not work, save your money.
Not many good choices to have larger implants without surgery. You can research and try "BRAVA" suction device, or gain weight (not advised).
Surgery is the most dependable and predictable method using implants or your own fat.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast creams

No.  At best, these approaches will cause swelling similar to normal hormonal fluctuations such as your menstrual cycle.  Do not waste your money.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Breast enlargement options

Unfortunately, breast creams have not been shown to reliably change breast size, especially to the degree that you describe.  It would certainly be nice if a cream existed to enlarge the breasts noticeably and reliably, but there is no scientific evidence to support this.  

The good news is there are some very good and proven surgical options to increase breast size with extremely high satisfaction rates.  The highest satisfaction rate is with silicone breast implants.  This option with today's techniques has shown satisfaction rates in the 99th percentile in many studies and an extremely low complication rate with typically a very easy recovery.  Another option is fat grafting, which has shown to also be very successful in the right type of patient.  Of course, you also have saline implants, including the new IDEAL saline implant, which is designed to be more like silicone in its feel and appearance.   

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. Jones

Justin M. Jones, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enlargement Creams

There is no proof that any of creams and pills that claim to enlarge the breasts truly work. Unfortunately, there is no reliable way of altering the size of the breasts without surgery, or else many people would choose the less-invasive solution of topical creams over a breast augmentation surgery. Weight gain, on the other hand, can make the breasts appear larger as the body develops more fatty breast tissue. Still, this should not be seen as an alternative to breast augmentation surgery, as the affects of weight gain on the breasts can severely vary from person to person and such fluctuations of weight can be unhealthful.

Miguel Delgado, MD