Is It Ok to Have a Brazilian Butt Lift, Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift W/ Augmentation Same Time?

Performing multiple procedures with a Brazilian butt lift Performing multiple procedures with a Brazilian butt lift

The Brazilian butt lift is beautiful and effective way to contour your torso, create a flat tummy, a small waist, sculpted back, full hips, and round new bottom. In our practice here Miami, we commonly performed an additional procedure with the Brazilian butt lift. However, your first priority in the first priority of your Dr. should always be your safety. Be sure that you carefully review your concerns with your physician and understand exactly how long the procedure will take and what type recovery is expected. Many times recovery can be a little more complicated when you combine more than one procedure, especially if you are not working on the same areas of the body. Always remember that the best and cheapest surgery is the right surgery done the right way the first time.

Having Brazilian Butt Lift, tummy tuck, and breast lift with implants all at once seems attractive but you want great results

Thank you for your question. Having Brazilian Butt Lift, tummy tuck, and breast lift with implants all at once seems attractive, but you want great results, right? Lgistically, you will likely lose a lot of the fat from laying on the transfered fat.

As an alternative, consider Breast lift w/implants and some liposuction of the tummy transferred to the butt as the first surgery.

For the second surgery, you can have the tummy tuck and then be turned prone for the remaining liposuction of the flanks and a second session of fat transfer to the butt.

To be sure something like this is right for you, see at least two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Things that CAN be Done, often SHOULDN'T

Hi there-

I am in complete agreement with Dr. Aldea.

Performing all of these procedures at once may seem to be to your benefit to you at first blush, and a surgeon who offers to do so may therefore be more attractive to you because of this willingness to do what you ask, but please consider this:

• I hope it is safe to assume that your goals in pursuing this plastic surgery are to be safe and to achieve the most beautiful appearance for your breasts, your abdomen, AND your buttocks that is possible for you.
  • If this is the case, please know that there is NO way (I don't care who does it) that your outcome in the areas operated on will be as good if the procedures are combined as if they are staged.
  • Your risk of serious complications will dramatically increase by combining them.

So, in summary, combining the procedures undoubtedly LOWERS your chances of achieving your best outcome, and undoubtedly RAISES the risks of the surgery. Combining the procedures is therefore a great way to be sure that your goals (to be safe and as happy as possible) are never achieved.

Now that we understand that, what do you think about the surgeon who is offering to do them at the same time for you? Here's what I think- that this is the kind of surgeon willing to do whatever it takes to gain your business and your money- including putting you at unnecessary risk and lowering your chances of being happy with your outcomes.

Be careful what you ask for- you will find someone who will give it to you.

Your best bet is to have the Brazilian Butt Lift first, then at a second operation a safe tummy tuck and breast enhancement procedure.

BBL and Multiple Procedures

In my practice it is common for me to perform all of the procedures you mentioned at the same time. However,  I use an assistant to save total operative time with the goal less than 6 hours of surgery (often far less than that) to minimize potential complications and for a speedier recovery. Sometimes there are even less scarring as for straight augmentations, I place the implants using the TT incision without the need for breast scars. My patients following a TT with or without a BBL stay in a reclining chair the first week. The benefit is only one surgery, only one recovery (you heal from all procedures simultaneously) and that you can use the fat that would normally be discarded from the tummy tuck. Pros and cons of this decision should be part of your in depth consultation with your plastic surgeon including the increased risk of complications with long surgeries and how to prevent them. Your plastic surgeon will guide you into making the best decision in your individual case. The most important decision is picking the best plastic surgeon experienced in this technique. See link regarding finding the best surgeon for combined surgeries.
#BestSurgeonForMultipleProcedures

Tummy tuck and bbl - best as staged procedures

Thank your for your question. A tummy tuck can address the skin and muscle laxity of the abdominal region as well as reducing the excess fatty tissue. A brazilian butt lift helps to shape the buttock by borrowing fat from one part (or several) and transferring this fat to another. They are both extremely rewarding procedures. The best approach for a patient who wants to have both procedures is to stage them and possibly start with the BBL. Here is why:
1) A brazilian butt lift is transferring fat from one area to the buttock. One common donor area is the tummy. Once the fat is transferred, you need to keep pressure off the buttock as this allows new blood supply to develop to the newly grafted fat cells. Any stress such as pressure can reduce the efficacy of this process and hence you may lose some fat. Hence, no sitting or laying on your bottom for ~2 weeks.
2) A tummy tuck is removing excess skin and tightening the muscle as well as remove extra fat. To make the skin removal efficient and protect the incision, you surgeon will often remove skin while your hips are flexed. You will need to maintain this position after surgery for about a week. This will required you to sleep in a recliner position for a good week. In addition, l often combine liposuction of the abdomen and flanks as part of this procedure and once this fat is removed, it cannot be stored for the brazilian buttock lift in the future.
Since the recovery process for these two popular procedures compete, I would recommend staging them. If you are surgeon is needing as much donor areas to recruit as much fat as possible, then I would start with the brazilian buttock lift so you can use the abdominal and flank regions as donor areas.  In addition, I would combine the breast lift procedure with the tummy tuck as you will be on your back when sleeping for the tummy tuck procedure.

C

Different body contouring procedures can be performed at the same time. There are many variables that are taken into consideration when this decision is made:

• health of the patient
  • length of the procedure
  • cost of the procedure
  • experience of the surgeon
Since every patient is different, a definitive answer can not be given. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these procedures frequently for your best possible results.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

The Logic of having a Brazilian Butt Lift, Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation / Lift altogether

Whenever we consider surgery, we should look at

- surgical risk and complications

- potential for achieving the same results expected when the operations are done separately. 

- the ease of recovery

Let's  start with the unpleasant topic of surgical complications. Those unwanted uncommon bad things that can happen with every procedure even when the best care was rendered. It is well known that the longer an operation, the higher the risk of complications such as blood clot formation and infection. 

The more areas get operated on, the more sore you will be, the less mobile, the less mobile and the higher the risk of blood clots and pneumonia. Your recovery will certainly be slower and more uncomfortable the more procedures are lumped together. 

With a longer recovery and inability to poorly ambulate much less stay off your buttocks (due to breast and tummy pain) , you risk losing more of the fat grafted to the buttocks than if you did not have surgical pain in other areas forcing you to spend more time on your back. 

For the best results, I would do it in two stages: liposuction with Brazilan Butt Lift followed by Tummy Tuck with breast Augmentstion.

Safety in combination plastic surgery

It has been demonstrated that the combination of TT and liposuction can increase your risk of blood clot complications.  This is why we use Ted hose and sequential compression devices for patients in addition to early ambulation and sometimes even a shot of blood thinner.  For this reason, it is considered a relatively benign combination.  The combination of TT with ANY other operation has never been demonstrated.  There is no evidence of it.

If one doesn't select his patients carefully, then complications can be more present.  Overall, combination plastic surgery is safe, generally a benign thing to do but you must be evaluated by your plastic surgeon and your anesthesiologist. 

I prefer to stage these operations as it is quite a complex recovery with the limitations that each procedure implies.  It has nothing to do with the incidence of clot.  

E

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Recommend Brazilian Butt Lift Prior To Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck

I prefer to stage this procedure.  If a tummy tuck is combined with fat grafting to the buttocks, one of the results may be compromised.   Either the tummy tuck will have to be loosely closed to allow the patient to lie completely flat, or the patient will have to sit on the buttocks causing pressure necrosis to the grafted fat.     In order to maximize survival of the grafted fat cells, it is important to not lie on your back or sit for 10-14 days.    Therefore, I prefer to perform aggressive liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and concerning areas with buttock fat grafting as a first procedure, followed by the tummy tuck and breast surgery 3-6 months later.     I believe this maximizes fat survival to the buttock and allows for optimal tension on the tummy tuck closure.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Body Contouring

You need an in person examination and assess your medical condition.

An abdominoplasty with Dermis Fat Graft to the buttocks . Then in a second stage the breast lift , liposuction around the bittocks and fat transfer to the buttocks will gove a nice result.