Can you use a laptop or ipad soon after the reduction surgery?

I would be putting the ipad on a pillow on my lap in bed while leaning against a nest of pillows.

Perfectly fine

Good afternoon,

Using a computer or ipad on your lap post surgery will have no negative effects on your procedure. 

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. The use of a computer or iPad should not be a problem;  be careful however about making important decisions and/or social media (or e mail) communication while you are medicated. Best wishes.

Using ipad or laptop after reduction.

There should be no problem for you to use your ipad or laptop after your reduction.  Just be sure you don't make any important decisions, such as legal decisions, while you are still taking any narcotic medications which may cloud your judgement.  Best of luck.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

IPad after surgery

Yes, it should not be a problem to use an iPad or computer after surgery. Best of luck.  Just don't use it to play frisbee! ;-)

Laptop/iPad Use

Yes, you can use an iPad or Laptop almost immediatly afterwards.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Urmen Desai, MD, MPH, FACS

Laptop use after surgery

Of course you can use a laptop after surgery.  If you are planning to work, just understand the the pain medication can make you sleepy or you may have difficulty in focusing. That said, for breast reduction, you will only be on prescription medication for a few days.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS