Burns, are they actually from the fajas?!

I have read many reviews on here where girls state they received burns from wearing their fajas. I googled this issue to read more about it and can not find one article regarding this. So I'm wondering if the burns are from fajas or from aggressive liposuction? If it is indeed possible to receive burns from wearing a faja, is there anything to prevent this from happening? (i.e wearing a tank tops underneath?) Thanks

Compression garments and ¨burns¨

Although referred as  burns these are abrasions of the skin .

After liposcution it is normal to experience swelling and bruising , also skin sensitivity is somewhat reduced, specially the first week  .
A very tight Faja   ( compression garment ) + in crescendo swelling  + reduced sensitivity to realize your faja has been sitting to tight on the same spot for hours or days + a sore patient with reduced mobility …are all factors that  could combine and produce a ¨burn ¨ on a specific area . 

usually they are superficial and heal easy.

Best wishes 

Burns, are they actually from the fajas?

In the 25 plus years I have been practicing, I have not seen any garment related burns. If something like that were to present itself, it is probably from the aggressive liposuction or the type of suction equipment, for example laser liposuction in the wrong hands.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery
Nashville, Tennessee

Burns from compression garments would be extremely unusual, but they can occur.  I have not seen a burn from aggressive liposuction.  The burns are usually caused by a heat source, which is why I do not use laser and other heat generating sources.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.