Why such a big price difference for Fraxel Dual?

I'm looking into Fraxel Dual treatment costs in the NYC area and find that there is a big price discrepancy per tx. These are practices that have all treatments done by a board-certified MD and the price per session ranges from as low as $500 to as high as $2K. What would explain why some offices charge up to 4x as much for the same Fraxel Dual treatment? Is it just that doctors who invest more in marketing tend to have higher pricing to recoup the cost, or something else?

Fraxel and Price

I have been an expert at Fraxel for many years and find the laser to be fabulous.  There are many doctor's office who tell patients that they are having Fraxel when in fact they are not.  They are having a fractionated device which is not Fraxel.  Also, some offices have the PA do the procedure and do not themselves perform the laser. I myself do all of the Fraxel in my office and oversee all patients from consultation to their two week post Fraxel examination.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with lasers.

#Fraxel

I have been doing Fraxel treatments for almost 10 years now. as one of the pioneers of the Fractional laser technologies I must say that there are a lot of machines sold in the market that are not actually the original  real "Fraxel". but rather a type of Fractional machine. the cost of Fraxel is dual is high. with that said it also depends on who is performing the procedures (doctor him/herself, vs. the assistants vs. non-medical personal).

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS