Can radiofrequency reduce the effects of jello skin caused by Sculptra 3 years ago?

Complications from Sculptra - Expert in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in facial filler complications including those from Sculptra and silicone.  I would suggest sending photos or an in person consultation if you have any issues. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Sculptra and RF

Without photos or an in person exam, impossible to say, but Sculptra and RF are complimentary procedures that work really well together. Talk with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist in your area (link below). Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Fadiofrequency and Skin Tightening

RF is a great tool to tighten the skin and produce new collagen. I don't understand what happened with Sculptra and there are no photos posted.  Thermage is ideal since it is painless and produces new collagen without any side effects or down time.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with lasers and Thermage for the best cosmetic results.

Jello skin

It would be great if you could post a photo of what you want to correct. If you are trying to build collagen and tighten skin then radiofrequency can be helpful. I like the TermiSmooth for these treatments and they have no downtime and require no anesthetic. If you are more concerned with textural changes of the skin, then look at laser resurfacing. Sculptra is billed as lasting 2 years, so at 3 years most the of products result is gone. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

RF treatments and Sculptra

The Sculptra effect of product injected over three years should essentially be gone.  I have never seen any 'jello like' results after Sculptra and indeed have found over the years after repeated treatments, there is a firmer build of tissue in Sculptra areas.   The jello  consistency can occur with loss of dermal collagen as you are suddenly experiencing thin epidermis directly on top of subcutaneous fat.  When this occurs it is often due to age, skin type(very fair skin) and lack of dermal stimulating products or procedures being used on the skin on a regular basis.  Once the dermis is lost, it is difficult and slow to rebuild.  We start with tretinoins, heparin sulfate analog creams, EGF creams,  BBL treatments, microneedling, and sometimes profractional treatments to stimulate collagen.  Only with a healthy active dermis will you see results with additional Sculptra or with RF technology, as you need healthy dermis to build additional collagen. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiofrequency

Radiofrequency treatments differ from machine to machine.  It is important to do your research and find the machine that will give you the best result.  In my experience Thermismooth works very well in reducing the wrinkles in the skin with no down time or preparation.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiofrequency Treatments and Sculptra -- Best Combination!

In my practice everyone who gets sculptra gets some laser or radiofrequency energy technology to improve the results of the sculptra, as sculptra works to increase collagen and so do laser and radiofrequency devices.  They compliment each other.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Questions about #sculptraaesthetic and #plasticsurgery results

Thank you for sharing your question.  It's not clear what your question is and would be very helpful to have before and after photos.  I hope to help provide more information and wish you all the best.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon