Tattoo Removal Cream

I WANT to remove my 2 and half inch long tattoo from my chest! However I dont have financial abilities to do the laser treatment, if you can tell me what is the best tattoo removing CREME out in market.I am so desparate to get it off (its a name) and I wont be able to do laser anytime soon!, A big Thank you

Tattoo Removal Cream--Does this work?

Tattoo ink is placed deeply in the layers of your skin (this is why it doesn't come off with normal shedding of the skin), so it would be very difficult for a cream to be able to penetrate the tattoo and I'm not even sure how it would remove it.  Save the money that you would have spent on a cream and apply towards laser treatments instead.  We use the PicoSure in our office and have had great results.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Cream Does Not Exist, Laser Is Only Option

I am sure that if you search the internet, you will find many magical creams that are being promoted to remove tattoos. Unfortunately these are all hype because there is no cream available that can penetrate deep enough to reach where the tattoo ink resides in the skin.  

I would recommend that you make an appointment with a dermatologist to discuss the various laser options and work on a payment plan that would fit your budget. Most docs out there treating tattoos are realistic, sympathetic and will work with you to remove that tattoo you so don't want.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Creams do not remove tattoos unless scarring is created by producing a wound so don't use them.

Salabrasion and other creams with acids would have to create multiple sessions of open, raw wounds which help draw up the pigment but always produce scar tissue.

Wait for when you can do laser. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

For those that cannot afford laser tattoo removal- don't waste money on creams

For those that cannot afford laser tattoo removal- don't waste money on creams... There isn't any possible way that a cream can reach ink in the dermis layer of the skin.

An alternative for quick affordable removal of small tattoos might be surgical excision done by a plastic surgery trained physician. 

Ritu Malhotra, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Cream does not exist

There isn't any that exists that would work and here is why.  Tattoos are created deliberately by injecting ink into the dermal layer of the skin.  This is pretty deep, and so topical creams won't reach it.  The appropriate laser, however, bypasses the top layers of the skin and targets the pigmented in the deeper layer, facilitating its fragmentation and subsequent removal.

Peter Chien, MD, PhD

Tattoo Removal = Laser only, never creams

A tattoo is pigment placed in the very deep layers of the skin, namely the deep dermis. Creams, such as TCA or acid based creams can reach this layer, but will cause scarring. This is because the cream needs to 'eat in' to the very deep layers to reach pigment. 
Laser on the other hand, spares the upper layers of skin, and specifically TARGETS pigment. Each type of colour will require a different wavelength. Laser fragments the particles via a method called photoacoustic principles, namely fragmenting or breaking up the tattoo. Over time, your immune system carries the pigment away. 
OK, as a dermatologist who knows tattooing, there is another 'old time' method of removing tattoo without laser. This trick has been done by many tattooist, that is to use a tattoo gun with NO PIGMENT, essentially this creates holes so that your pigment can be slow eliminated by a process called 'trans epidermal elimination'- not high tech, but much safer than creams. Medically, Dermapen at deep levels can mimic this time tested process. 
Good luck in your quest, and I hope this helps. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Http://youtu.be/Ay4YJSfxOwUBest Tattoo Removal Cream

You will be best served by not wasting your money on any of the advertised tattoo removal creams as they are unable to have any effect on the tattoo pigments residing within the deep layers (dermis) of your skin.  The gold standard for tattoo removal is with the use of an appropriate laser.  The laser treatments are performed approximately 6 weeks apart and are often very affordable when paid per treatment.  Save up funds so that you receive the best treatment and subsequently the best cosmetic results.
Best Regards,
Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal Cream

Unfortunately, most of the advertised creams don’t work and can damage the skin. I recommend saving up some money and removing it professionally when you are able to do so.

Tim Sayed, MD, MBA, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best laser to remove your tattoo

Creams do not work for tattoo removal. The most effective way to remove a tattoo without a scar is with a q-switched laser, such a s ruby, alexandrite or Nd:YAG laser. This will break up the pigment into tiny particles that are aloow tha tattoo to lighten over a series of treatments. Be sure to avoid using a CO2 laser or an IPL (Intense Pulse Light device) to treat your tattoo. The risk of scarring is 100%.

Jeffrey Dover, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Tattoo removing creams don't really work

Unfortunately, there are no tattoo removal creams on that market that really work. You must have a laser that will target the ink below the skin. A complimentary consultation is recommended to answer all of your questions and concerns, as well as getting an exact quote. We price tattoo removal by how long the session will actually take-to save you money, and not by the size of the tattoo - which is the standard. Dark colors, especially black, are the easiest to remove. Leaving yellow and light green/blue the most difficult. With every unique tattoo and not knowing how deep or superficial the ink was injected, at least 10 treatments could be required. A local anesthetic may be used at no extra charge during treatment if needed.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon