My nipples are too high, what can I do to fix this? (Photo)

I feel my nipples are too high. I don't feel confortable wearing a swimsuit bc I feel like my nipples are going to pop out. I was a 32b before and I had moderate plus 330ccs put in. I love them if I have on a push-up. They sit where I want them to but other than that I feel like they should be about two inches higher than they are. I feel like I have more lower fullness than upper and I don't get the cleavage I want without a pushup.

My Nipples Are Too High - Is There A Procedure To Fix This?

There is an inverse relationship between the position of the bottom of the breast implant and the nipple.  That is to say, the lower the implant, the higher the nipple.

In your case, because your implants are low, your nipples are too high, and this is often referred to as star gazing nipples.  Technically, the pocket around the implant is too low.  The pocket is referred to as the capsule, therefore this is called capsular ptosis (droop). 

Now that you understand the problem, the solution becomes obvious.  You need to raise the bottom of the breast pocket.  There are many techniques available to accomplish this.  Dr. Don Parsa of Honolulu suggested creating a hammock out of the scar tissue at the bottom of the breast raising that hammock, and therefore raising the implant.  Other surgeons have used the technique of closing the tissue at the bottom of the breast by stripping out the scar tissue and then sewing the raw edges together.  Both of these techniques work very nicely, however laying a piece of Seri scaffolding on top of this raised bottom improves one's chance of having a permanent repair. 

What all that doctor talk means is that you need a capsulopexy (lifting the bottom of the capsule), therefore lifting the breast implant, and therefore moving the nipples down on the breast mound to a more favorable position.

It does appear from your photos that your implants are sitting too low causing your nipples to be high.  Surgery will most likely be needed to correct this issue by tacking up your fold.  Best bet would be to go see your surgeon for an exam and learn what your best options are and move forward from that point.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lowering nipples

Thank you for the pictures. You may need a slight downsizing of your implants. You will need tissue removed from just above your breast crease to shorten the distance between the Areva in the crease. This will lower your nipple areola complexes

My nipples are too high, what can I do to fix this?

As you can read the variety of responses means ONLY IN PERSON examination is the better path to follow. I think you have bottomed but not sure... 

Bottom out

it does appear your implants are lower than they should be. yes there is a procedure to correct this.. how long has it been since your surgery. you suggest 2 inches. I think that is probably a little drastic.  go see your surgeon.  malposition occurs 1-3 % of the time after augmentation    good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Nipples are too high

Your implant has "bottomed out" so more than 50% of the fullness is below the nipple. This is either because the pocket was created too low in surgery or because your tissues were not strong enough to hold the implant in the proper position during healing.

A surgeon can re-raise the breast fold and reposition the implant a little higher by removing and or suturing the capsule around the implant. However, it it more likely to be successful and last longer if your surgeon also uses a tissue sling (like Alloderm, Allomax, Seri, or other surgical sling) to help support the weight of the implant and keep your tissue from re-stretching out. The sling option is more costly, but it may be worth it.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Nipples pointing up too high

Thank you for your questions and photographs. It appears that you have some bottoming out of your breast implants. This is what is causing your nipple position to look too high and your nipples are pointing superiorly.  To correct this problem you need an inferior capsulopexy with the placement of fold sutures to secure your inframammary crease. This will prevent the problem from occurring again.

You may benefit from pocket revision

I am sorry that you are not happy with your breast augmentation results. Your breast implants have bottomed out and that make the nipples to move higher. Your distance from nipple to the inframammary fold is longer than the distance from nipple to upper edge of the implant( the goal is to make the distance even or little longer for the nipple to upper edge of the implant). You would get better result from capsule revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

The breast implants are sitting too low, not the areola to hide.

From the photograph it looks as though there is too much breast volume below the horizontal pole of the breast. This appears to be modest and if the breasts are soft and natural I would advise you to leave this alone unless the condition is getting worse.

Nipples too high after breast augmentation

As others have stated your breast implants are too low which is forcing the nipples to appear too high.  The correct procedure would be to revise the implant pocket too lift or elevate the implant to a position beneath the nipple areola which will make the nipples appear in a more normal position.