Will Cryolipolysis help to define my jawline (make it more V shaped)/decrease fat under my chin and in lower cheeks? (Photo)

Im 34 years old woman with a round jaw line.It is not as defined probably due to the submental fat. It almost looks like the bottoms of my cheeks are hanging down a bit (although I dont have a sagging face) and it looks as though I might have a bit of double chin. Shape of my jawline is U rather than V with tapering jaw. I am not up for invasive procedures. Can the Cryolipolysis help me? Could it decrease fat under jawline? Do I need one applicator right under my chin or two on the sides? Thanks

Will Cryolipolysis help to define my jawline (make it more V shaped)/decrease fat under my chin and in lower cheeks?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. You may be a good candidate for the CoolMini, however, it is difficult to say without assessing you. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about different procedures, and find an option that works for you. An in-person assessment is always best.  Regards, 

Cool Mini

You look to be an excellent candidate for the Cool Mini, and then consider a bit of filler in the pre-jowl hollow (a hyaluronic) for a further improvement in your jawline. A template can be used to show the area that will be treated, and base your decision on whether a second treatment is needed on the 2-3 month results after the first.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cryolipolysis, CoolSculpting to define a jawline

Dear Aneta.valova,

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Working with non-surgical options only,  the Cool-Mini applicator has been very successful for the  sub-mental neck. Using the Cool-Mini under the jawline may give you the sharper "V" shaped contour you seek. 

Also, consider a new non- and minimally invasive option called ThermiRF.

ThermiSMOOTH uses serial treatments on top of the skin non-invasively to deliver massage-like controlled heating of the deep dermis where skin is shrunk and a natural stimulation of collagen is produced.

ThermiTIGHT™ is a non-surgical , minimally invasive procedure. It is the first cosmetic procedure that delivers controlled and monitored thermal energy under the skin. A tiny probe is inserted under the skin and radio-wave energy is used directly on the dermis and fat with immediate shrinkage and longer term collagen formation. 

Consider a Obagi ZO Skin Health Therapeutic Skin regimen for continued skin rejuvenation.

Consult with a well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgery Team with certification in the above therapeutic procedures.

Good luck!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Cryo lipolysis vs Infini

My opinion, Cryolipolysis is excellent for the fat underneath the chin. If you are looking to sculpt your cheeks and jowls as well as remove some of the fat underneath the chin, I have found that Infini is more successful. Furthermore, Infini can tighten the skin underneath the fat pockets down to the base of the neck. Look for a doctor who has experience with treatment of the neck. Ask to see pictures. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon