How Soon After Having Coolsculpting Are Measurable Results Seen?

Could the full results take as long as 4 months to see? Why?

Coolsculpting Provides Improvement in Body Contour That lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question.Coolsculpting works on the basis that fat cells are more sensitive to cold than are surrounding tissues of the skin. During the Coolsculpting treatment the fat is cooled to cause cryolipolyis while carefully monitoring the tempature of the skin surface. The fat cells release their fat and shrink.  Unlike liposuction where the fat is removed, the released fat is metabolized and eliminated by your body.  The improvement can generally be seen at 3 weeks, but it typically takes 3 months to see the final result.  Most people require more than one treatment depending on degree of improvement needed and expectations. We utilize the new Cool Advantage applicators which are much more comfortable and reduce treatment time to 35 minutes.  We currently have 4 Coolsculpting machines and can offer "Dual Sculpting" which further reduces the treatment time.  I recommend scheduling a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon well versed in all options for body contouring to determine if you an ideal candidate for Coolsculpting. Best wishes

Final Results Take Time

Unlike liposuction, which physically removes fat from the body and therefore creates a more or less immediate result, CoolSculpting freezes fat cells, stimulating them to die on their own and be carried out of the body via the kidneys. This process takes time to complete, and it happens gradually. This is why patients see preliminary results after about 3 weeks and more significant results after a few months. Most patients find that the results are well worth the wait

Mark E. Freeman, MD
Idaho Falls Plastic Surgeon

How Long to See CoolSculpting Results

CoolSculpting is the greatest advance in fat removal since the advent of tumescent liposuction.  I really love the machine and the results that can be achieved.  With that said really the only downside is the length of time it takes to see 100% of the results.  I don't mind saying that I used the machine on my abdomen and flanks.  I didn't notice anything until about 3-4 weeks. 

It took about 3 1/2 weeks to see the entire result.  Although the initial laboratory results demonstrated 100% reduction by 3 months it seems that, clinically, we are seeing results out to 4 months in some patients.  So continue on your diet and exercise program.  This is important because weight gain can diminish the result if you gain weight in the area you had CoolSculpted.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

When can you see CoolSculpting Results?

Results can be seen as early as three weeks. The average client starts to notice change around two months and the total process can take up to four months.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

See coolsculpting results in 3 months

While you can start to see results as early as 1 month, it takes 3 months to see full results from a given treatment session.  Depending on your goals for the treatment, your physician may recommend returning for additional treatment cycles of the areas previously treated and/or other areas.  For my own coolsculpting treatments, my goal was to be able to give up wearing spanx.  I got visible improvement with my first cycles, but still needed the spanx until I repeated them.  Now Im happily spanxless!

I hope this helped answer your question.  Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

When are Coolsculpting results seen?

Coolsculpting treats the fat under the skin and causes the fat to resorb over time.  Most people begin to see results at 3 weeks though they continue for 10-16 weeks.  

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Till You See Results

Some patients start seeing results as early as 3 weeks. The best results are shown at 4-6 months.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting and Measurable Results

Typically, some patients will start to see results as soon as 3 weeks. With the majority seeing results 4 to 6 weeks post treatment. Full results (approximately 20% of the fat cells in the treated area eliminated) are seen 12 to 18 weeks post treatment.  

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Typically 2-3 months

Some patients see improvement in about 2-3 weeks, but for the best results it may take 2-3 months. We normally recommend to repeat the treatment in 3 months for better fat reduction in the same area. Coolsculpting is not a weight loss solution and works the best on stubborn fat on stomach or flanks that will not go away with diet and exercise. With each treatment patients lose 25% of the fat permanently, resulting on smoother, firmer and more contoured body.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD, FACS

Final Results for CoolSculpting: Wait 3-4 Months

When patients undergo coolsculpting it may take several months to see a result. Most patients are able to see their final results in about 3 to 4 months after the procedure. Following the procedure cells respond slowly to injury and gradually undergo cryolipolysis. This accounts for the delayed clinical response to coolsculpting.

Patient selection also plays a role in the post-operative response to coolsculpting. When patients have small localized fat collections, responses tend to be more noticeable then when patients have large amounts of fat.

It’s important to be patient following coolsculpting. Given adequate time most patients are very happy with the results from this procedure. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon