Thermage or Sculptra for Thin, Sagging Skin?

I'm 49 and have typical Irish skin. It looks clear, but it is quite thin and beginning to sag. I'm considering Thermage, but following a conversation with a doctor today, have been encouraged to have Sculptra instead. Does anyone have any advice? Many thanks.

Doctor Answers 2

Thermage vs. Sculptra

I am not a big fan of thermage. It can tighten the skin to a small degree but it does not replace a face lift. The Sculptra can be used to fill the face, but takes several treatments over a few months time and can run as much as some facelift procedures.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Thermage is best for loose skin.

Hi.   Thermage will actually tighten your skin.  Sculptra is a filler useful for hollow cheeks.  Actually I think Restylane and Juvederm are the best fillers, but it does not sound like a filler is what you need.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.