Is 360cc Big Enough to Go From a AA to a D Cup?

I am 25 (no children) 5'7 120 lbs and a 34 AA. Originally, I told my ps that I wanted to go to a full C/small D and he suggested 360cc (saline, under the muscle, moderate profile). However, after reading other posts and looking at many pictures online, I'm starting to think that I want to be more of a full D size. Would something over 360cc be appropriate for my body size? My surgery is next week. I don't want the "stripper look", but I also don't want to regret not going bigger...

Be careful what you wish for

The tighter you sretch your skin the more thinning of the breast tissue you will get.  This can never be reversed.  It may well affect future breast shape and limit corrective surgical possibilities.  What might look good in a bra may not look the same under your skin (and muscle).  Your plastic surgeon is your best guide and has the advantage of having examined you.  I would follow his/her advice. 

360cc Breast Implant to Go From a AA to a D Cup?

A 360 cc breast implant is a reasonable recommendation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

What size implant to get "D cup"?

Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

That being said, bra manufacturers are not held to any uniform standards when it comes to cup size and shape... that is why one brand of bra might fit you very well for a given size, but not another brand. Or, you wear a 34D in a Victoria's Secret bra, and a 34C in another brand, for example.

When discussing breast size after augmentation, outward projection can be further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

• 32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
  • 34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
  • 36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
  • 38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

You need to try the different SIZERS before surgery

We don't have your pictures so it is difficult to tell you You need to try the d ifferent sizes of implants(SIZERS ) at your surgeons office and see what size is best for you and your plastic surgeon can THEN tell you if they are appropriate for your specific frame

Gloria de Olarte, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant size

In my experience, 360cc will not give you a D cup with the way you are built and how much breast tissue you have.  Once things settle down you may be disappointd with your final result.  Make sure to discuss this with your surgeon prior to your procedure.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

As I have written many times on this site, women should be concerned about how different sized implants fit you rather than cup sizes since there are no standard cup sizes and they vary significantly among manufacturers.  Having said that, I seriously doubt that 360cc implants will take you from an A-AA cup to a D cup with any bra.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Be careful about implants that are too large

There is another factor that you perhaps haven't considered, and that your surgeon has to assess: the quality, thickness, and  stretchiness of your breast skin.  With large implants, your skin and breast tissue will thin over time and create deformities that cannot be corrected.

Without examining you, I think 360 is probably the maximum I would place.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Volume for you

I think thatt he key to choosing the right implant for most patients is reviewing things during consultation.  This means assessing the patient anatomy and then discussing the desires of the patient.  Once this is determined, I usually give a range of implant volumes that I think will "work" for them. I then have them do the baggy test at home with rice or water. This usually helps the patient quite a bit.

Even with your good description you failed to post photos so very veryu hard to advise. My guess is no but not sure. Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your area.