Winterize Your Skin
Now that fall is here, winter is just around the corner. As tempatures go down, the humidity decreases, which can cause dry, cracked, or itchy skin. Thankfully, there are several ways to help keep our skin smooth in the cold weather months, as well as address any remaining blotchiness left over from the summer sun.
Dr. Marguerite Germain of Germain Dermatology in South Carolina recommends a regimen that includes:
- Mild face wash with glycolic acid, which exfoliates naturally while adding moisture
- Intensive body moisturizer
- Foot and elbow cream
- Intensive hand cream
Dermatologist offices also offer laser peels, which work to reduce the appearance of brown spots and allow therapeutic ingredients in topical products to penetrate more deeply.
Dr. Germaine offers her own collection of products, available both online and in the office. She recommends the Germain Rx Awaken Regimen to revive the skin after summer.
The collection consists of:
- Glycolic acid face wash to turn the skin over without drying it out
- Retinol to rejuvenate the skin and encourage the production of collagen
- Antioxidants moisturizers containing ingredients like resveratrol, green tea, and caffeine
- Antioxidant sunscreens, which give you a bigger bang for the buck than traditional sunscreens
People waste a lot of money on bad skincare products that are wrong for their skin and don’t give them results. It's important that your dermatologist analyze your skin to determine which products are best and will give you long-term results.