HEY GUYS - THIS ONE'S FOR YOU
Men have Plastic Surgery.
Men have Cosmetic Plastic Surgery.
Men have non-invasive Cosmetic Procedures.
Lots of them.
Why shouldn’t they? Answer: No reason.
Why do they? Well, let’s take a moment for that answer. You can find it in many of the same reasons women give:
- Matching their physical appearance to the way they feel (“I take care of myself, I’m fit and active, and I have more energy than ever. I’d like my face/body to reflect that.”)
- Cosmetic Correction of a particular feature or features
- Elimination of a ‘problem’ area
- Competition in the workplace
- Boosting self-confidence and general well-being
It’s safe to say, that it’s no longer a novelty, and no longer something that’s kept a secret. Men are more conscious of their appearance, and are investing more in the way they look.
‘SELFIE’ EFFECT? OR ‘OFFICE CULTURE’?
A lot has been written recently about the shock we all receive when we see ourselves in a ‘selfie’ or get a glimpse of bad angle in a Skype chat. The double chin or jowl, or puffy eyelid that never jumps out at you while you’re shaving, seems to take center stage on the small screen, and often in High Def.
Workplace culture (rightly or wrongly) these days, and especially in the tech fields, seems to favor a ‘youthful’ demographic. Men approaching or in middle age, at the top of their game, are reacting to what’s happening. They’re not deluding themselves, thinking eyelid surgery or a neck lift is going to take them back to their 20s. But they are recognizing that looking as refreshed as they can right now, can be an advantage.
WHAT PROCEDURES ARE MEN HAVING?
The Top 5 Cosmetic Surgeries for Men
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Eyelid Surgery
- Breast Reduction (for Gynecomastia)
- Facelift / Necklift
- Botox & similar injections
- Laser hair removal and skin treatments, peels, etc.
- Injectable Fillers
If you’re thinking – Should I? How do I? What happens? – it could be time for you to do some research, and make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a Consultation.
In the Silicon Valley region, (Palo Alto, Menlo Park, San Jose, Los Gatos, Cupertino) Dr. Vincent Lepore has been caring for Men and Women for more than 20 years. He is Stanford-trained and Board-Certified.