Extremely Disappointed with Cheek Augmentation - Youngstown, OH

I had both the upper and lower blepharoplasty and...

I had both the upper and lower blepharoplasty and CHEEK implants done by Dr. Gentile.

I woke up on the operating table to very loud voices and someone was shouting an arguing with Dr. Gentile that the cheek implants were upside down. The arguing went on for a few minutes before the woman was asked to leave the room.. After several months it has become obvious that the apple of the cheek was in the wrong position and because of this the Cheek bones were extremely high, as the high point was near my eye instead of near the apple of the cheek. Dr. Gentile can be very rude and when I insisted to know if the implants were in upside down he said it did not really matter and would not fix them.

Since than I have had some terrible blood clots in my eye because of the pressure of the implant to near my eye and hoped he could do something, he simply showed no remorse and I am left to find other resources to help me. I was really surprised to find no other negative reviews I guess I am the only who has ever had a complaint.

Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

When things go wrong , you just need to hear something to make sense of what happened to you, and the more you have to say the more abrasive he can be.

You woke up during surgery to hear shouting ...that sounds horrific. You need a good personal injury Lawyer. My Uncle takes cases like this so I know you just need to make some phone calls to lawyers around you. Document w pics and keep a log of phone calls

Dr. Richard Gentile performed rhinoplasty on me just under 3 years ago along with several other procedures. His demeanor when questioned about concerns that you may have is dismissive to say the least. As he told me.... " There are no guarantees in plastic surgery." I could go on and on about my experiences with him as far as his demeanor and "God" complex. But I still think as far as certain procedures he is the best in the area. I will most likely go back to him for more work. Hang in there and I hope your situation improves.

Thanks for posting this. Practitioners need to take responsibility for their work. I also understand if you don't wish to post pictures as it is very private. Hopefully your post will save some others from having the same experience with this unprofessional doctor.
Sorry for the duplication, I didn't see the first comment posted.
Thank you for posting this. It is so important that people with negative results warn others about practitioners who don't take responsibility for their own errors. I think this doctor had tremendous nerve to post on your site, citing the 'honest' reviews he can manufacture. That says a lot about this particular surgeon. I would avoid him at all costs.
No photos? Very unsure about this one.
Yes, good point. I'd like to retract my previous msg. Besides it is not my place to comment.
No photos means nothing because people tend to protect their privacy, and it is smart to do so. For that reason, questioning to throw doubt on a review merely because there are no photos, That is a little suspect regarding source and motive.
It's a very bad review showing absolutely no proof whatsoever. I have no connection to this doctor. It's human decency. I'm sure that the doctor has worked very hard to build his reputation and people say very negative things based on one person's perception. This person's perception of reality may or may not be realistic. Only photos provide a perspective on that to those of us who read this site. And if privacy is such a concern, posting here is a bad idea in general.
That can be said of the majority of the reviews on this site. In fact, it can be said of most reviews on most customer review sites. So what makes this one different?
And how others choose to protect or not protect their privacy is not your or my place to decide.
I don't have the time to read every review on this site. You tell me what makes this one different? You seem to be putting quite a bit of your time into it. Personally, I don't have anymore time to comment. This is not my issue. I just hate to see someone trash a doctor and not show one single shred of proof. Common decency.
I understand. There are, however, good and bad ways for businesses and practitioners to manage their online reputations. It is up to them to know how to do that without damaging themselves further. If it makes you feel any better, regarding online review sites there has been more of a problem with businesses and practitioners paying online reputation management companies for fake positive reviews and rewarding clients for positive reviews than there have been problems with fake bad reviews. Recently the feds got involved because of it. BTW, a few seconds to type a response is not "quite a bit of"my time. These responses added up to less than two minutes. Have a good day.
rachel6701 - I'm so sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience and the lack of care to which you have been subjected. I find it hard to comprehend why some surgeons feel they can treat their patients this way and get away with it. Can you get an independent assessment from another doctor to determine how you will heal and what results you can expect? I have no experience of cheek implants so I cannot comment. I had a cheek lift without implants which has resulted in uneven cheeks, amongst other things. I have decided not to do anything for 6 months and if things have not improved to contact my surgeon to see how he can balance out the irregularities I am faced with. I hope you can work things out with your surgeon and get some resolution to your problem. Hang in there and don't let it get you down. It may not be as bad once the healing has run its course?
For honest testimonials visit facialplastics.org testimonials
I presume these testimonials will only be from satisfied patients with good results?
Inappropriate. Perhaps respectfully reaching out directly to rectify issues for your patient would be the more professional course to take.

We'd love to see photos so we can visualize what you're describing.

Thanks so much for posting this. Hang in there. How long has it been since your surgery? (Sometimes swelling can make it look way worse - though I don't mean to dismiss what happened).