Extremely Disappointed with Cheek Augmentation - Youngstown, OH

I had both the upper and lower blepharoplasty and...

I had both the upper and lower blepharoplasty and CHEEK implants done by Dr. Gentile.

I woke up on the operating table to very loud voices and someone was shouting an arguing with Dr. Gentile that the cheek implants were upside down. The arguing went on for a few minutes before the woman was asked to leave the room.. After several months it has become obvious that the apple of the cheek was in the wrong position and because of this the Cheek bones were extremely high, as the high point was near my eye instead of near the apple of the cheek. Dr. Gentile can be very rude and when I insisted to know if the implants were in upside down he said it did not really matter and would not fix them.

Since than I have had some terrible blood clots in my eye because of the pressure of the implant to near my eye and hoped he could do something, he simply showed no remorse and I am left to find other resources to help me. I was really surprised to find no other negative reviews I guess I am the only who has ever had a complaint.

You woke up during surgery to hear shouting ...that sounds horrific. You need a good personal injury Lawyer. My Uncle takes cases like this so I know you just need to make some phone calls to lawyers around you. Document w pics and keep a log of phone calls

Dr. Richard Gentile performed rhinoplasty on me just under 3 years ago along with several other procedures. His demeanor when questioned about concerns that you may have is dismissive to say the least. As he told me.... " There are no guarantees in plastic surgery." I could go on and on about my experiences with him as far as his demeanor and "God" complex. But I still think as far as certain procedures he is the best in the area. I will most likely go back to him for more work. Hang in there and I hope your situation improves.

Thanks for posting this. Practitioners need to take responsibility for their work. I also understand if you don't wish to post pictures as it is very private. Hopefully your post will save some others from having the same experience with this unprofessional doctor.
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

When things go wrong , you just need to hear something to make sense of what happened to you, and the more you have to say the more abrasive he can be.