Young and Can’t Gain Weight - Fat Transfer is Not the Answer

I’m young for plastic surgery and have...

I’m young for plastic surgery and have always been hesitant to mention my age (23) because there is a stigma about people my age coming forward for surgery. It’s an anti-aging industry but I need it too!

Genetically, I totally cannot put on weight - I am about 5’7” and maybe, on my period, I weigh 100lb. I am seriously thin. I inherited this and my hollow bone structure from both my parents’ sides of the family.

I have hollow cheekbones, deep tear troughs, and a very thin chin. I look weak and tired constantly. The only way to deal with this and look “normal” (what is normal anyway?) is plastic surgery. Now I think I will eventually get plastic surgery but last year I tried fillers to see if I liked the results. Temporary first.

I had fat transfers put in my cheeks and tear troughs. It was very expensive and caused a world of problems not mentioned by my plastic surgeons (I have two). I went for my main procedure and after the swelling had four touch-ups done to even out the area and get the results I wanted. From the beginning I didn’t like what was happening apropos of swelling, bruising, etc.

After the first injection I was swollen for two weeks and after the touch-ups I was swollen for a week. The fat transfers didn’t last at all in my body. I think the first shots (building blocks, they said) were out of my system completely by the time I had follow-ups. I chalk this up to my metabolism (i.e. why I can’t gain weight in the first place) but my surgeons should have considered this when recommending fat transfer.

Now I think any filler in my body would do the same thing, but not nearly for the cost I paid! I’m looking at implants now but am looking for new plastic surgeons. I want to find someone I can trust completely; I may even go in pretending to want fat transfer and see if they talk me out of it! That’ll be a good surgeon for me.

I have done fat grafting in March 2010. So far result is OK. However, I have further enhanced the outcome by taking herbal pill to promote my weight. Infact, I have a gaunt cheek and face due to my drastic weight loss before my fat grafting, making me look sad, tired and haggard. This weight gain pills has indeed transformed my cheek to look radiant, youthful and chubby. It is sold by a Weight Gain Centre in Singapore which has been estabilished here since 1988. I suggest those who are deciding whether to do fat grafting to try this herbal pill in Singapore. It will surely amazed you by restoring your youth and bring health and vitality. Somemore you don't need to suffer from pain, swelling, etc. It is definitely cheaper as compare to fat grafting procedure. You could reach me at if you want to know further. Good luck to all.
Hey shneo I am interested in the type of herbal pills you bought. Can you please send me a link where I can order them? I found this site but I'm not sure which ones to get. Did u notice and increase in the lower cheek (buccal fat) area? If so how long did u take them to start seeing results? Thank you!
Hello?
Hey shneo I am interested in the herbal pills you took. Could you please send me a link where I can purchase these? I found this site but I'm not sure which one to get. http://www.ngweightgain.com.sg/products.aspx how long did it take for you to see results? Did you see any gain in the lower cheek (buccal fat) area? Thank you!
My cheek looks a little thin after I extract two teeth. I,m considering about it. but it seems hardly to be permanent. I,m just 22. I don't want to take this again and again in the rest of my life. I'm worry about it.
To Eleanor Leung, i have some question for you about those procedures you had, Did dr Callanta did all those surgeries? Whatabout your eyelid surgery, did you had fat transfer to your eyelid too? I am planning to come home next summer and i am looking for a dr that has good record. If you could share some information i would appreciate it . Thanks kitty kats
Hi classy_9453, You can find doctors in our California fat transfer doctor directory, and if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can also read reviews/recommendations from other RealSelf members in your area. Good luck!
I live in San Jose. Does anyone know of a experienced and good doctor for facial fat transfer. Thanks a lot.
I'm thinking to have fat transfer to my face. ....but also wonder if that fat will last and stay in my face....?
excision is the only sure way to remove fat graft that I have tried.
One week out from fat transfer and not happy at all. Wanted above my lip and around crows feet. My surgeon put it right under my eye and tear duct area. I can't see well because of the humps under my eyes. Was also placed in my cheeks which I did not ask for. I do not look like my self and my vision is impaird. I would like to have it taken out. Is it possible?
fat transfer doesn't just last for 10-12 years. If it takes it lasts forever!
totally agree with last commentor. It lasts forever if it takes. Fat injection is good, takes well, but can get a lump especially if it is rubbed after.
Hey, I have same problem like you, and Im thinking have fat transfer to may face, which doctor did operation in NY? I ve almost all plastic surgeon but I still haven find trusty and good one