Worse Than Before

I had an okay nose. It was kind of round at the...

I had an okay nose. It was kind of round at the tip and I never liked it. Well 2 bad for me because my nose looks completley unnatural now. I can't even see my friends and family because I am so embarassed. I never thought I would be so unhappy with the result. Not one person has told me my nose looks better.

It is too turned up and the tip feels like a tent with a pole in it. I am sure that I made a mistake but my doctor said it looks good. I don't want to hurt his feelings but I am so mad about this. I have to figure out a way now to fix it and I don't know if I will be able to get a decent result that I can live with.  It is mostly the tip that bothers me and I am worried that my doctor will not want to fix it because he doesn't see a problem.

I am stuck waiting and all I want to do is go back to work and by now I should have been able too. I don't know if the tip is going to soften up either. I have tried being patient but my expectations are not being met at this point

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

he messed up my nose sooooooo bad. he gave me a pig nose I swear to god!!!! He kept my money and I had to see another Dr. to get it fixed using rob cartiledge. I swear dr. morales has no sense of beauty and because of the work he did on my nose i ended up paying over $20,000.00 just to get it fixed.

PLEASE post pics!

We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Dear friend, MY prob is similar to yrs. There was no need for revision rhinoplasty but was not happy with flared nostrils. Did a revision and m unsatisfied with the results. Bridge is funny and nose is small but other results look better. Just keep on going with yr life as otherwise matter will get worse. If you keep on letting thoughts coming into yr mind about the nose, you ll not be able to concentrate on yr daily activities. Just relax and next time you do a revision make sure you dedicate time talking well to him.
Thanks for the reply. I am doing somewhat better now. I've started to get used to my new nose now and I actually like it better than my previous septo/rhino... I think I need to look inward though and focus more on the inside than changing how I look on the outside.
I have that piggy nose too.Its been six days since surgery.My doctor is impressed with his work too,but its scaring the hell out of me. I dont want to see anyone cuz i look so scary. The doctor that he turned the tip up cuz when it heals it will drape down.I hope to god hes right. I never thought this would happy but i guess i have to wait.Im like living through a nightmore now.I cry on a daily basis. I spent all this money to look like a freaking alien.I think maybe get a nonsurgical job done or something. I read about this lady that got like four revisions and the nose got worse. I dont want to go through the procedure again it was a nightmare.I cant wait for my normal life to resume.I just gonna use make up and try to hide it a bit so i dont look so piggy like. I really feel something should be done about these surgeons. They shouldnt be let off so easily. I hope you guys feel better cuz i know what that feeling is. It just sucks
I am sorry for your bad experience. I feel your pain you are not alone and your more than a nose. I know its hard to feel insecure. I wonder how people who get their faces blown off or burned to shreds face their daily lives. Somehow they do. Their situations are worse than ours, and they go on so we can too.
Awesome! I am so jealous, I am still at least 6-7 months before I can do a revision. Did the Dr have to use a k-wire in the cartilage? Remember, the bridge swelling takes a good 6-7 weeks before it looks like it will. I would take a larger bridge over my piggy nose anyday!!! I see so many beautiful girls and now all I do is look at their noses, my one friend in particular has an awesome nose and hers goes straight down without the indentation between the bridge and tip.
Don't be jealous! I still am not happy. I think I look like Nicole Kidman in that movie were she wears a prosthetic nose. I guess in some ways it is better, but in a way I will always be sad that I don't have my real nose. Looking back I can tell that I looked so much better b4 I had any surgery. Your comment was really nice . I guess you are right though about one thing though. I guess I wouls rather have a thicker bridge than my miss piggy nose. I do the same thing as you though. I watch Tv and see all these girls with beautiful noses and feel sad that mine doesnt look like that. However, I am trying to move on with new nose and not look back too much. BTW my Dr. did not use a wire. At least that I know of, but I will ask him on my next visit.
Have you had your revision yet? I have to tell you that I am in the exact same position. I had a rhinoplasty done in early July. I cannot believe how extremely bad the result is. I had a small nose to begin with and now since the Dr. turned and overrotated the tip I have a nonexistent nose. Despite the fact that he also scalped down my bridge. The primary seems to think he did a great job, I look like I've had really bad surgery and no one says that it looks better and just give it time. Well, at 2 1/2 months out, there has been a lot of time. I have already seen a revision specialist and the surgery is going to require rib grafting. Despite being very expensive, will it ever look normal again after they add the cartiladge?
I had my revision. It cost alot!! I still don't know for sure if I like it. My bridge had rib cartiledge put in it and it is better now b/c my noes goes down which is good. But I still don't know if I like the overall appearance b/c I look so different now. More different than I did with my piggy nose b4 this. I almost feel like my nose is all bridge now and the tip just goes straight down. I think there should be some kind of indentation between my bridge and tip but there is none. It's really strange. I just don't look like myself AT ALL! I hope that my nose is still too swollen to tell but it's already been 2 weeks since surgery and I am starting to get nervous. My doctor seems very confident that my surgery went well and that I got a good result. I have 100% confidence in him so I think that maybe I am just worrying for nothing.I don't know for sure yet.
I saw my first Dr. a few days ago and he refunded a $1,000.00 of my money but had me sign a paper saying I acknowledged no wrong doing on his part. Even though I do beleive that the result of my surgery has made me look like I have a pig nose I felt I had no choice but to take what little money he offered. This is hardly going to make a dent but I feel sort of helpless. Even though my first Dr. offered to fix my nose I do not want him too. He tried a (small) revision a few weeks after the initial surgery and it still didn't change the overall appearance very much. At this point I feel like I have to dish out the $16,000 to my new Dr. b/c I have no idea what would happen if I actually tried to let the first doctor fix it. The whole situation is a total bummer. :(
Hi, I am in a similar position. I never should have had the surgery. Who did you choose for your revision? I am doing research now. Thank you.
who was your doctor?
It is your own feelings to be concerned about here, not those of the physician who botched your rhinoplasty! Physicians are well paid service providers. We are the consumers of the services. I would ask for a revision at his/her expense.
Amen to that. Screw the doctors feelings. They just do the song and dance that everything is all right. They are trained to NEVER admit wrong doing.
I finally saw a new Doc and it is going to cost me $16,000 just to fix what the first dr. did. Looking back I can see how little planning my first dr. did and I am silently furious at him. My nose looked 100% better before my rhinolasty and I cant beleive that he took my money and did such a bad job. I am not kidding when I say my nose looked better b4. It didn't turn up and now it totally does and I hate it. I know it is my fault for having the surgery in the first place when I probably didn't need it but I still don't think it is right that a Dr. can do a terrible job like that and not be held responsible.I am stuck now with a piggy nose for 8 more months b/c it is still 2 soon to go ahead with another rhinoplasty. If you are thinking about having your nose done make sure you go to a Dr. that actually cares about his patients and isn't just interested in taking their money. I feel like an idiot for letting a Dr. operate on me that clearly does not have the same standards as I do.
how long has it been?