30 Years Old, Full Time Student, Mother, and Firefighter Wife - Worcester, MA

For years I had nicknamed my left nostril 'the...

For years I had nicknamed my left nostril 'the flapper' because upon breathing it would close. I felt I was ready to have this looked at and corrected especially since my breathing -- at night and during exercise have been becoming more difficult. I am a full time dental hygiene student in between semesters so this was the only time I could have this surgery performed. I did not want to wait until I graduated so I can find a job right away!

Day 4?

I think it's day four. I've pretty much lost track of time and what day it is. I'm hungry, but I can barely touch my lips together so eating is just so not desirable. I'm stir crazy. I tried to go to my neighbors house for a bit with my daughter, just to get out of my house but I ended up getting very dizzy and had nausea. So back home I went and a Percocet I took. From the neck down, I want to go outside, walk around, garden, cook or something, but my nose is giving me a giant FU.

There is not much good news, or happy updates,other than that my nose stopped leaking a couple days ago, but there is just a dull achy annoyance, not even real pain...well maybe a little. Wednesday I go in for the "big reveal" I can't wait, but the thought of having anyone touch my nose scares me!

12 days post op..

Welp. The cast is off. And I am so unbelievably numb still. I had the cast taken off last Wednesday and she removed the stitches and I nearly fainted and had to make her stop for a bit she then put tape on my nose for a couple days. I am wondering if I should still be wearing tape??? I am not sure if I am feeling pain or numbness. My tip feels so swollen and the bridge still is irritated. I am really hoping this subsides within the next week because I start my senior year of college and my daughter is starting kindergarten. Needless to say, all hell will break loose next Tuesday. Anyone with tips 2 weeks post op.. Please share! ????????????

3 weeks post op

Numb. Still. Luckily I don't have much pain in the bridge of my nose, and my main concern with having this procedure was if I could wear my loupes for school....and I can! Even with the light! I am so happy about that, it sure makes school a bit easier!

However, I still have a slight discomfort, mainly in the tip area and quite a bit of swelling. I was hoping that my nostrils would be similar in size and they are so opposite. Also I am concerned about the scar....it still looks red...how should the scar look by now?? And also the tip is quite bulbous...I knew this procedure was more septoplasty than rhinoplasty but I am not sure of my results yet...ho hum.
Dr. Yushan Lisa Wilson

The doctor was very nice and through, she saw me before the procedure and went over everything, they informed me the surgery would be about 3 hours, however it went to 3 hours and 50 minutes! I just hope that she is a perfectionist and when this cast comes off my nose will be straight and functional