Blepharoplasty..Best Decision I Could Have Made - Worcester, MA

I will be 63 soon. I have always taken very good...

I will be 63 soon. I have always taken very good care of my skin. Besides staying out of the sun whenever possible, I have worn sunscreen since my twenties, never smoked and enjoy an occasional glass of wine. I have a few fine lines and I take pride in looking younger than I am. So a couple of years ago, when I started noticing that my undereyes were making me look older than I felt I should, I started thinking about blepharoplasty and mentioned it to Dr. Bentkover. At that time, he didn't seem to think it was a must-do-now kind of thing but over the last year it became more obvious that I should take the leap and fix the problem that was aging my eyes. Nine days ago, I had lower lid surgery performed by Dr. Bentkover at St. Vincent's Hospital in Worcester.

Before the surgery, more than one nurse came over to tell me how lucky I was to have chosen Dr. Bentkover, that he was meticulous in his work and that the after results they had witnessed were just beautiful. Although I still have some swelling and some bruising, I can already see the results I was hoping for. I know over the next few weeks it will only get better and I am so thankful I went through with this procedure.

Life should be enjoyed to the fullest and you owe it to yourself to feel good about yourself. If you feel plastic surgery might boost your morale, make sure you choose a surgeon that will be honest and objective with you about what you see as the problems you want corrected and what you can expect for an outcome. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better facial plastic surgeon than Dr. Stuart Bentkover.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It will be six weeks since my surgery and I am...

It will be six weeks since my surgery and I am very pleased with the results. I am of Italian ancestry, so I had a little hyperpigmentation under the eyes but that is nearly gone. I am so glad I had this procedure done and I am so thankful that I chose Dr. Bentkover to do it. I will trust my face to no one else!

I am posting two photos. The first was taken last year and the second is six weeks after my lower lid blepharoplasty.

I don't see any differences between the two pictures. You still have lower eye lid bags and they are not smaller either.
You look really great but I don't really see what you were addressing in the first place and hard to see any difference. Did he cut under on the inside of your eyes (which I understood is what the "B" surgery is? You mention you had botox/dysport injections and I was wondering if you ever gotten any fat transfer and what does he think of the that and the Rich blood plasma often called the Vampire Facelift as I'm seeing some dramatic before/after of that and only two people so far with major complaints but they didn't show pictures of why they were so unhappy.
I had no external incisions. My surgery was done on the inside through the lower eyelid. I'm sorry I don't have better pictures of before, but I was becoming concerned with puffiness and sagging under my lower lids. The procedure I had done (repositioning the fat pads) did much to correct that and I am glad I did it. The botox injections were between my eyes above my nose to erase frown lines. I have not had fat injections nor any other fillers, though I would not rule those out in the future if I need them. I have heard of the Vampire Facelift and I am not interested. I would guess the results are short-term. As far as fat transfer, injectable fillers or even implants, I am not qualified to speak for Dr. Bentkover. He would be more than willing to sit down with you to assess your individual needs and what would work best for you. He is truly a gifted surgeon and you will enjoy talking with him. Remember, he is board certified in FACIAL plastic surgery as well as a university instructor for other plastic surgeons. You can't do better than that, and because faces are his specialty, you will more than likely love your results.
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Several years ago, I had a revision rhinoplasty done by Dr. Bentkover and have had continued going to his practice for Botox/Dysport injections. I trust both his judgement and expertise because whenever I asked him if I needed anything done, he always replied I needed nothing else. However, when I reached 61, I started to notice the beginnings of bags under my eyes and Dr. Bentkover agreed that blepharoplasty might be one procedure from which I might benefit. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I would never think of picking anyone but Dr. Bentkover to do it. I know his passion is rhinoplasty and he is an expert with fillers, but I think he is a master with anything that is facial plastic surgery. He is compassionate and caring, as is all his staff and it is one doctor's visit I actually enjoy going to.