A Long Long Time Ago...I Can Still Remember.....Winnipeg, MB

How that surgery made me cry. And I knew if I had...

How that surgery made me cry. And I knew that if I had my chance that I would feel better in my pants and maybe I could be happy all the while. But February made me shiver... when I thought about those scissors....ok... enough of the Don McLean American Pie parody, here is my story: After my first born things changed down below -- the skin stretched and I felt very uncomfortable and embarrassed that it was so saggy, and I felt like it got in the way during intercourse. It bothered me so much that I spoke to my family doctor. At that time, I never imagined anything could be done. I explained the situation to my doctor, and she comforted me by explaining how common this issue was for women, explaining that it could easily be fixed and she arranged a referral to a specialist - Doctor Lockwood. I was so relieved and all the embarrassment I felt instantly went away. It was a burden lifted to know that I wasn't the only one. At the time when I had my surgery the Trim method was the only available option. I had the surgery under general anesthetic, I wouldn't have done it any other way - the only downside was I get sick from the anesthetic. I was picked up that afternoon and I felt just fine...I arrived at home and the freezing wore off, I recall the pain -- it was intense, almost like I was on fire between my legs and I could hardly walk. It hurt so bad that I thought something was wrong. I remember this day so well because of the intensity of the pain. I went into the bathroom and had a look down below and I remember it was so swollen and looked an olive green color with blood. I was terrified and thought "what have I done"!! I cried so hard, and my husband did all he could to comfort me. I remember him reading a book to me in bed as I curled up in a fetal position rocking side to side trying to ease the pain with ice between my legs. I followed up with my doctor who assured me the pain was normal and unless there was heavy bleeding not to worry. Within a few days the pain subsided and I was able to resume light normal activities, however, I did so a little to soon and went to work, my stitches tore and it started to bleed. I immediately went to the hospital where they had a look and gave me a very unpleasant needle for freezing so they could fix the stitches. I have read that they don't fix stitches once you are in the healing stage, but they did for me...shrug. My end result, it looks pretty good, and overall I am happy with my result. Labiaplasty has come a long way since my time and I would have loved to have had the wedge option as I understand it's less painful and a more natural result. I totally think the surgery is worth it if you have alot of excess skin and just don't feel comfortable down there.

This is sooo true!!

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Amazing Doctor, approachable and friendly. He listens to all your concerns and genuinely cares - you certainly feel like you have been heard. I have had two surgeries with Dr. Lockwood, and I would highly recommend him.