A Long Long Time Ago...I Can Still Remember.....Winnipeg, MB

How that surgery made me cry. And I knew if I had...

How that surgery made me cry. And I knew if I had my chance that I would feel better in my pants and maybe I could be happy all the while. But February made me shiver when I thought about those scissors....ok... enough of the Don McLean American Pie parody, here is my story. After my first born things changed down there, the skin stretched and I felt very uncomfortable and embarrassed that it was saggy and it got in the way during intercourse. It bothered me so much that I went and spoke to my doctor. At that time, I never imagined anything could be done, but when I explained the situation to my doctor she reacted as though it was common and told me not to worry and that it could easily be fixed and gave me a referral. I was so relieved and all the embarrassment I felt instantly went away. It was a burden lifted to know that I wasn't the only one. At the time when I had my surgery the Trim method was the only available option. I was given a general anesthetic for the surgery. I was picked up that afternoon and I recall the pain as the freezing started to wear off, it was pretty intense, almost like I was on fire between my legs and I could hardly walk. When I got home I recall the pain being so bad that I thought something was wrong. I remember this day so well because of the intensity of the pain. I went into the bathroom and had a look down below and I remember it was so swollen and looked an olive green color with blood, I was terrified and thought "what have I done"!! I cried so hard, and my husband did all he could to comfort me. I remember him reading a book to me in bed as I rocked side to side trying to ease the pain with ice in between my legs. I followed up with my doctor who assured me this was normal and unless there was heavy bleeding not to worry. Within a few days the pain subsided and I was able to resume normal activities, however I did so a little to soon and went to work, my stitches tore and it started to bleed. I immediately went to the hospital where they had a look and gave me a very unpleasant needle for freezing so they could fix the stitches. I have read that they don't fix stitches once you are in the healing stage, but they did for me...shrug. My end result, it looks pretty good and I am happy with it. Labiaplasty has come a long way since my time and I would have loved to have had the wedge option as I understand it's less painful and a more natural result. I totally think the surgery is worth it if you have alot of excess skin and just don't feel comfortable down there.

Today is day 9. I had the trim and all went well. The only spin I experienced was trying to sit, so I didn't. I lay down instead. The itchiness of the healing is challenging but other than that it's starting to look better each day and so happy I did it.
i'm on day 9 as well, how do you deal with the itching? its so hard!
Use lots of Vaseline

This is sooo true!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Amazing Doctor, approachable and friendly. He listens to all your concerns and truly cares about your concerns.