waiting for the new me

Hi everyone. I am a 42 year old mother of two...

Hi everyone. I am a 42 year old mother of two girls 22 and 18. My first child was born c section and my second vag. I am 5'5 and about 160 lbs.I have wanted a tt for about 20 years. Finally got up the courage to go see a plastic surgeon. I am very excited about the journey I am about to take. I know that there will be ups and downs but the end outcome will be very rewarding.

Welcome to RealSelf

I am so happy you joined us and look forward to reading your posts.  The date will arrive quickly so get ready!

We will all be here to cheer you through the process.

Ok I am 9 days pre surgery. I am nervous,scared...

Ok I am 9 days pre surgery. I am nervous,scared and very excited. It can't come fast enough now. I am so wanting to see the new me. I have already promised myself a bikini form the venous catalogue :)
I have shopped for some post op clothes. Got a few pairs of jogging pants. 2 button up plaid nightgowns lg. some lg granny panties. The freezer is full o home made soups and chili.
I am really enjoying this site. Reading all the experiences has been very rewarding for me. I hope that I will get on here and post lots of post op happenings when the time comes for all the future tummy Tucker's.
You are looking really good,!!!!
I had my surgery in July 2011 and am shocked at how flat and smooth my stomach is! I had 2 C-sections, and 2 abdominal surgeries, which left me with a flabby, loose stomach-especially after I lost 53 lbs. I thought long and hard about the possible complications and the money. I started out wearing a size 10-which I was very happy with and after the surgery my 10s were toobig! I bought all 8s last summer and now they're too big-I now wear size 6. I am 5'8" and weigh 142 lbs. and have never been this small-I am thrilled to wear a bikini after 35 yrs.-I am 59 and feel great. I'm no longer embarrassed to undress in front of my husband and have found new self esteem after all these years-I'm smaller than my 34yr old daughter! Find a great surgeon and do your research and realize the scar will look awful in the beginning-I use silicone cream and my scar is smooth and fading well. Good luck to all who are planning a tummy tuck! I would do it again-now breast implants????!!!!
You look WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

No complaints what so ever! Would do this again in a heart beat.