Calling the Doctor Tomorrow to Schedule - Wilmington, NC

I am 23 years old, 5'3 and 193 pounds. Back in...

I am 23 years old, 5'3 and 193 pounds. Back in high school I was about 125 and got on the shot for birth control and gained 70 pounds in 6 months. I didnt change anything in my life i.e eat more and stuff like that, just was one of the lucky ones who gains a ton of weight on the shot. After that I just kept gaining and gaining. I was well over 200 at one point but I started doing the insanity workout and lost 42 pounds the first time around, the second time I lost another 24. Now I am at a stand still.

I am not going into this procedure wanting to come out with the perfect body that makes men chase me. I dont need all that lol. I just want to feel good about myself again. I want to do it healthy because also back in high school, i had an eating disorder, got all the way down to 97 pounds. I looked terrible. I was always sick and miserable. I have seen myself get into the same thought patterns I had back then. I am so afraid of going back to that again. That is one thing I am concerned about with getting this procedure is that I get a flat stomach and I already plan on toning up and losing some more weight, but I am concerned that it wont be "good enough" in my eyes. I have talked to my doctor about this and he has been amazing. He is supportive and very nice. I have a great support system at home too. Its just one of those things I am concerned about.

Some of my goals are to get some confidence back. I want to get it done now so I am well into the healing process by next summer so I can wear a bathing suit....no i dont wanna wear a cute little bikini lol. I just want to wear a real bathing suit. I never even wore one when I was at my lowest weight. I would like to get down to about 135 after I can start working out and exercising again and maintain that. yes I have been considering this for a few years. Just tossing the idea around, but for the past 3 or 4 months I have actually been serious about it. So I met with a doctor and immediately felt comfortable with him. I got my care credit card in the mail today and I have 24 months to pay off about 9400 with no interest. I am ready to do this. I am going to have one last talk with someone who has been by my side this whole time and tomorrow I am going to call and start the process.

Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Just called and set up a consultation. At the consultation, he was amazing, very kind and caring and understanding.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in