Love my Gap-less Smile and What Six Month Smiles Has Done for Me! =) - Wilmington, MA

Hi everyone, This will be my second attempt to...

Hi everyone,

This will be my second attempt to do a review on Six Month Smiles! I typed one up earlier and it was perfectly detailed but then my laptop decided to restart and update on it's own! Urghhhh.. Lol

But anyways, it all started off just me wanting veneers and it was pricey! $1000 per tooth and they would have to shave off some of my healthy teeth to place them on! I thought that was a great idea until I found out that I would need about 4-6 of them! Then I looked into bonding, which only lasts a few years and can get discolored: big no-go for me and then I looked into Invisalign; a bit pricey and one year for my gap to close up?! Then I stumbled across a video on youtube and read about the orth-bands; I ordered them but I lack the patience to put them on and they hurt my gums. So I finally came across a video on youtube; Six Month Smiles and knew that was what I wanted!

So after going into different consults with different doctors, I made up my mind to go with Dr Caselle in Wilmington, MA. He was honest and wasn't trying to convince me into other treatments and etc. And after working in the medical field for over 7 years, I know how it all works! The more treatments you get, the more you get done, the more money they will make although it's not necessary! I went in for a consult, when home to decide on what to do with my husband, went in for them to take the impressions of my teeth a week later; then 2 weeks after that, my braces were placed onto my teeth! My teeth are straight, I just had this gap that I hated so he quoted me 2400/ arch and free whitening after the treatment which is awesome!

The first month of having them on is just to program them to move, and once he adjusted them after the first month, mu gap closed within a week and half! I went in for my 2 month adjustment and had noticed one front tooth was higher than the other so he adjusted that also and 2 weeks later, they were perfect and my braces were taken off! Once they were off, I was given a retainer since I couldn't get the bonded ones since I had no room in the back of my teeth which was fine. I wore it 24/7 for 3-5 months unless I am eating or if I was going on. The thing is, you have, have to wear them or your teeth will slowly shift.

This review isn't as detailed as my last one but if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I will post before and after pics along with this review! =) Six Month Smiles has seriously changed my life! I can smile and laugh in confidence now! Lol

Quick pic..

Dr Paul Caselle

He's the best and so is his staff; knowledgeable and super friendly!

Was your bottom arch treated at all?
How are your teeth doing now? I'm nervous to close my gaps for fear of relapse.
WOW you looked great! Im very interested as I have the same problem. Please give me the information on the procedure you had. Thank you
Beautiful smile
How did you like it? I want to do the "6 months" (mine will be much longer and my teeth are not too good). I am reading bad researching, good and bad. I'm not sure if I want to, lol! Btw, your teeth look great!
Thank you! I love it. Best decision I've ever made! =) I trusted my dentist and glad I did. Average time is 6 months, it could be more or less and on your dentist's expertise.
Pretty teeth!!! I was gonna have this procedure done when it first came out but I didn't!! Time has gone by so quickly and I haven't done anything!! My main concern was trusting my dentist since tge procedure was so new I wasn't sure if I should trust him. How did u go about picking your dentist?
Hey hon, i scheduled different consults with different dentists and he was the one i was most comfortable with! He didn't tell me i needed things i didn't need to make extra money off of me and he answered all of my questions!
Hi, love your results!!! What exactly is the name of the treatment you receiced? I am going to my dentist tomorrow and would like to do the same :)
Sorry for the late response hon. It's 6 month smiles.
Nice teeth pooda! They are very nice I wish I woulda knew bout this back when I was a brace face in high school...lol I was purdy wit my braces though..haha the kids thought I was smarter...lmao but now I love my smile even though I didn't do right with my retainer afterwards. I will be getting the whitening soon after my new body transformation. Imma need the whole damn package deal the brain,body and the brackets..hahaha!! I'm out ttyl
Hey Hun! My lower teeth are not aligned properly, you think this method could work for me as well as it did for you?
I'm sure it will! As long as the doctor is experienced at what he does. I was surprised that it only took about a month for my gap to actually close or even move! =)

Did you get them only on your top teeth?

Yes, I only needed it for my top teeth! =)
It took 5 weeks for it to close and an extra month to even them out. I got them taken off after 2 1/2 months.
how long did you where braces for to close your gap?
Hey,thanks for your detailed review.Just want to know one thing,how long do you have to wear the retainers?I mean is it for forever?Even I have two gaps between my teeth for which I am thinking of going for lingual braces,but putting up with retainer for the rest of my life is not ok to me :(
Hi and you're very welcome! Yes I do but only at night. After a year, you'd only have to wear them a few nights a week which isn't too bad. =)
Don't you have the option of getting permanent retainers attached behind the teeth? I am currently undergoing the high speed braces treatment in Canada and this is the option I would be going for.
Yes you do if you have room for it. I didn't once my gap closed but it's okay cause I wasn't too sure how comfortable I'd be with them on. And I'm a floss freak so it'd be hard to get in between the braces to clean and stuff. Lol

First, congratulations on your pregnancy - that is so exciting!! Your teeth look absolutely gorgeous! That is great that things moved so quickly for you. How did your lips do getting used to the braces? Were they pretty tender on the inside for the first week or two?

Thanks, Megan! Surprisingly, it didn't bother my lips at all; it just felt extra tight on my teeth every time they got adjusted. At first, the braces would kind of scratch up the inside of my cheeks but the wax he gave me helped a lot. I still can't get over how pretty my teeth are. I catch myself occasionally just taking pictures of my teeth just because! Lol

Haha, that is awesome!! Good for you - take pictures, smile at yourself in the mirror, enjoy those gorgeous teeth!!