Microphlebectomy V. Sclerotherapy (In my Opinion) - Wilmington, DE

I had microphlebectomy (vein removl) on my bulgng...

I had microphlebectomy (vein removl) on my bulgng veins on frt of legs n around ankls. 1st trtmt was dne on frt of legs. 2nd trtmt 6/18 was dne around ankls. 1st trtmt lft me wth little scars tht r fading away n the 2nd trtment lft me wth no scars. My scars take lng too heal, I thk that it's jst me.

Healing from Schlerothepy and Microphlebectomy

When I first receive the treatments schlerotherapy is it little needles going in to vein, which feel like a little burning and stinging. I ususally took two days off to heal but I only really hurts during the procedure and right after. The pain didn't last very long. Sometimes I had swelling and bruising which lasted only for a few days. The only part I didn't like was the brown stains it leaves on your legs but they are healing. The procedure was on in 7/2013, 11/2013, and 12/2013. I would totally recommend this procedure for small spider veins. The microphlebectomy is a procedure I had to get numb for and little swelling and bruising is involved but do not last very long. The hardest part of getting numb for the procedure. During the procedure, the doc have to put little incisions in your legs to pull the vein out per inch. The only thing I felt was the pressure of pulling the vein out which did not hurt at all bc of the numbness. I had to get a couple of revisions bc after the vein healed I still saw veins at the sight after the procedure was done one week later. I recommend getting this procedure too. The only time the vein sight was sore is after he did revisions on them I think working on the same site is what made me sore. It stay a little sore for a three weeks but it's very very little soreness to the touch. Posted before and after pics. Don't know why they came out looking crystalized or funny looking. Hope they still can be seen.
Dr. Nadiv Shapira

I would totally recommend this doctor and he has a wonderful med asst (Ceely). They were kind, patient, easy to talk to, friendly and all the things that should be experienced in a doctors office. If I need anything else done, if he can do it, I am going back to him. I recv'd sclerotherapy (injections) last year by 2 different drs in which I had 2 appt each with which left me with brown stainings on my leg. So instead of veins I had these long brown marks which are fading but it's taking a long time. I think that they should have recommended microphlebectomy, instead of sclerotherapy. Dr. Shapira told me that the veins should have been removed instead of injected that's why I had the brown stains. I wished that I would have found him last year when I started receiving treatments. The other drs should have known better. Microphlebectomy, which cost me $1150, is for large bulging veins and sclerotherapy, which cost me $1625, is for the very small or spider veins in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf and for taking so many pictures!  Your microphlembectomy results are looking really good so far, I hope you keep us posted and let us know how everything looks down the road.
Thank for commenting. I will post some pics of the scars on my front legs and how long they took to fade.
Wonderful, thank you.  That will be really helpful for other community members who are interested in this treatment :)