Microphlebectomy V. Sclerotherapy (In my Opinion) - Wilmington, DE

I had microphlebectomy (vein removl) on my bulgng...

I had microphlebectomy (vein removl) on my bulgng veins on frt of legs n around ankls. 1st trtmt was dne on frt of legs. 2nd trtmt 6/18 was dne around ankls. 1st trtmt lft me wth little scars tht r fading away n the 2nd trtment lft me wth no scars. My scars take lng too heal, I thk that it's jst me.
Dr. Nadiv Shapira

I would totally recommend this doctor and he has a wonderful med asst (Ceely). They were kind, patient, easy to talk to, friendly and all the things that should be experienced in a doctors office. If I need anything else done, if he can do it, I am going back to him. I recv'd sclerotherapy (injections) last year by 2 different drs in which I had 2 appt each with which left me with brown stainings on my leg. So instead of veins I had these long brown marks which are fading but it's taking a long time. I think that they should have recommended microphlebectomy, instead of sclerotherapy. Dr. Shapira told me that the veins should have been removed instead of injected that's why I had the brown stains. I wished that I would have found him last year when I started receiving treatments. The other drs should have known better. Microphlebectomy, which cost me $1150, is for large bulging veins and sclerotherapy, which cost me $1625, is for the very small or spider veins in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf and for taking so many pictures!  Your microphlembectomy results are looking really good so far, I hope you keep us posted and let us know how everything looks down the road.
Thank for commenting. I will post some pics of the scars on my front legs and how long they took to fade.
Wonderful, thank you.  That will be really helpful for other community members who are interested in this treatment :)