Finally Did It! - Williamsville, NY

I had contemplated a tummy tuck for 11 years...

I had contemplated a tummy tuck for 11 years before finally taking the plunge. I am 38, 5'4" on a good day and was 187 lbs on the morning of my surgery.

I am a mom to 11 year old twin girls. To say I was HUGE while pregnant is an understatement. I am very short waisted, and the only way those babies could go was out. I pushed baby A out the old fashioned way, but baby B came out via emergency c-section.

I consulted with 4 plastic surgeons over several years before finally deciding on Dr. Bruce Cusenz. I also added some flank and thigh lipo to the order.

Surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am. I was home by 11:30. 10 lbs of fat and skin were removed. I had no issues with pain, but was very nauseous for two days post op. pain was manageable with Percocet. I was taking only Tylenol by day 4. I honestly feel the thigh lipo was the most painful part of all of it! My thighs burned for the first week!

My ps placed three drains, which stayed in for a week. I was not allowed to shower or remove my compression garment until the drains came out.

I am currently on post op day 19. I feel pretty "normal" but still have not seen what my scar looks like - I'm still taped up.

I'm fairly certain there is going to be a revision in my future. My pubic area is still fairly saggy (as pointed out lovingly by my ps). If that is the case, I will deal with it. I'm still pretty swollen and only time will tell where I end up. I'm absolutely pleased by my front view results, but from the side...could be better - and could be waaaay worse. My thighs are still pretty flabby looking, but I still need time to tighten up and heal.

1 month post-op

Had my one month follow up today. Things are healing. We will definitely be doing a revision in 6-12 months. Doc hoped there was fluid built up in the pubic area, but after an attempt to aspirate - nothing :( I'm not upset. I had a lot of laxity, and my skin was stretched to china by my pregnancy. It will be repaired in time.

I got the go ahead to return to the gym. So, that's where I'm headed tomorrow!
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon