Finally Did It! - Williamsville, NY

I had contemplated a tummy tuck for 11 years...

I had contemplated a tummy tuck for 11 years before finally taking the plunge. I am 38, 5'4" on a good day and was 187 lbs on the morning of my surgery.

I am a mom to 11 year old twin girls. To say I was HUGE while pregnant is an understatement. I am very short waisted, and the only way those babies could go was out. I pushed baby A out the old fashioned way, but baby B came out via emergency c-section.

I consulted with 4 plastic surgeons over several years before finally deciding on Dr. Bruce Cusenz. I also added some flank and thigh lipo to the order.

Surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am. I was home by 11:30. 10 lbs of fat and skin were removed. I had no issues with pain, but was very nauseous for two days post op. pain was manageable with Percocet. I was taking only Tylenol by day 4. I honestly feel the thigh lipo was the most painful part of all of it! My thighs burned for the first week!

My ps placed three drains, which stayed in for a week. I was not allowed to shower or remove my compression garment until the drains came out.

I am currently on post op day 19. I feel pretty "normal" but still have not seen what my scar looks like - I'm still taped up.

I'm fairly certain there is going to be a revision in my future. My pubic area is still fairly saggy (as pointed out lovingly by my ps). If that is the case, I will deal with it. I'm still pretty swollen and only time will tell where I end up. I'm absolutely pleased by my front view results, but from the side...could be better - and could be waaaay worse. My thighs are still pretty flabby looking, but I still need time to tighten up and heal.

1 month post-op

Had my one month follow up today. Things are healing. We will definitely be doing a revision in 6-12 months. Doc hoped there was fluid built up in the pubic area, but after an attempt to aspirate - nothing :( I'm not upset. I had a lot of laxity, and my skin was stretched to china by my pregnancy. It will be repaired in time.

I got the go ahead to return to the gym. So, that's where I'm headed tomorrow!
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

You look awesome!!!! I have very similar stats as you with regard to height and weight. I am on post op day eight and am looking at getting my drains removed tomorrow! Kinda fearful of the swell hell after the drains are gone, but I guess it is part of the healing process. Congrats and happy healing!
I'm still soooooo swollen by the end of the day! I did have lipo...upper abdomen, hips and thighs. I'm not happy with my thighs at all. The skin is just sagging. I brought it up to my doc today. He didn't sound overly promising on the idea that it will improve :(
You look great I wish I had your results I'm actually one month today and still very swollen, not sure if it fat or swollenes, girl I don't think u need no revision, I think I will my upper area don't feel tight I think I'll need lipo so I could contour my shape, I feel the same as before surgery expect I don't have no belly underneath :/ how are u feeling now?
I'm definitely more swollen now at one month than I was when my pics were taken on day 8. I'm feeling pretty good though. We have to be patient and let ourselves heal, right? Did you have any lipo when you had your TT?
I know u sure are right it's just hard, you a month already, when do u have surgery?.I had mine june 6....yes I had lipo on my mid and upper back ,I had extended tummy tuck so I didn't need lipo on my flanks.and I also had lipo on my waist....your body contour look great by the pictures hopefully u could post more pictures soon, did u have any lipo done if so where? Right now I'm not doing to good i been having strong burning pain in my stomach for the past two days, I hady left side cut open up but just a little and I'm drinking antibiotics I'm not sure if that's what cosing my stomach pain, ny weekend wasn't good at all :/....

Welcome to the community!  Wow you look so good and so quickly.  What a difference in your body.  I agree that the lipo really smarts for weeks..burn, burn, burn.

Give your body some healing time before even considering any revision.  The swelling hangs around for a while so you may find everything to be ok when you are healed.  Your body will continue to take shape for weeks/months.

You look great:)